SLC this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SLC this weekend?

Looking for a good trail within a half hour of SLC this weekend that isn't snowy/muddy. Any recommendations? Hopefully at least 6 or 7 miles long, and more difficult than a rail trail, but that's really my only requirements. I'm a pretty technical rider, don't mind dropping 4 or 5 feet, or mile long rock gardens. Thanks for any help!

--Mark

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Nothing comes to mind... we had a lot of snow just last week. It's melting quickly, but I can't imagine anything fun being dry.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by EtE
    Looking for a good trail within a half hour of SLC this weekend that isn't snowy/muddy. Any recommendations? Hopefully at least 6 or 7 miles long, and more difficult than a rail trail, but that's really my only requirements. I'm a pretty technical rider, don't mind dropping 4 or 5 feet, or mile long rock gardens. Thanks for any help!

--Mark

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Forget about it

Noithing will be snow/mud free for weeks. Bring your road bike, lots of good road rides happening this time of year.

EDIT: the recent 65 degree temps have done lots of good. I rode the BST from the zoo to city creek and ran into just a few muddy sections. 1. Dry creek. 2. that horrible double track cookie dough hill just before the bobsled. 3. Bobsled.

The trail west of city creek up to the radio towers was 100% dry.

Good ridin
    Last edited by Pedalfaraway; 03-13-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Luddite technophile
    Emigration Canyon road ride was beautiful on Sunday.

Bend, OR
    BST north from the zoo is fine in my opinion. Hardly any mud until you get up high, and then not really much either.

SMR
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Lambert Park in Alpine is dry, although I didn't ride down Rodeo. But the rest was fine. you could ride around there for an hour or two, nothing epic but it's singletrack.

Bend, OR
    BST is great. Just had a 3.5 hour singletrack ride today

Luddite technophile
    "double track cookie dough hill just before the bobsled"

Yeah - that describes that section perfectly when it's damp. It always reminded me of one of those awful glue traps they use for mice.
    Last edited by kgginslc; 03-14-2007 at 10:44 AM.

Bored Carp
    that is funny. We have been calling it "the pasture" all year, for the same reasons.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    So I'm moving to SLC in two weeks. I'm going to be working in the Sandy area and I'd like to know what places to live around there have the best trail access. Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the assistance everybody, BST it is. Anyone have a recommendation where I can rent a decent to higher-end full suspension rig for a day?

Zak
    Discernibly Turgid
    Jul 2004
    Try go-ride.com for a higher end rental bike - they've got demos from turner, commencal, and maybe foes and versus.

mtbr member
    Thanks Zak, just called them, they said they don't have any rentals or demos. Any other shop suggestions are appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 0