SLC Trail Maintenance Day- Mtbr.com
    JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

SLC Trail Maintenance Day

Bonneville Shoreline Trail Committee is having a maintenance day next Saturday the 17th of April from 8am to 1pm.

A few of us from WAFTA who like to dig at I Street have already scheduled to be there, and I am hoping we can drum up a few more hands. We won't be building Whistler features or anything exciting, but I feel it's important to show the various local management groups that guys who like to build freeride trails and dig dirt jumps can also help out with fixing erosion or building backslope on multi-use trails. This is directly related to some of the threads going on right now about legitimacy and community appreciation for the types of trails we want to ride.

Bring tools, I will post location details when I have them.

JMH

mtbr member
    JMH,

When will the location details be available? I'd like to get something posted at Go-ride ASAP.

Scott
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Jordan -

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Please keep me posted on the next work day and I will be there.

Thanks for all of your work with the Bonneville trail.

Mike
    Last edited by drboudreaux; 04-13-2010 at 11:24 PM.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    This just in this AM:

Trail Work Day

Saturday April 17th 8am -1pm
    City Creek Trailhead, Salt Lake City

Join the Wasatch Hiking Meetup Group and WAFTA for trail work on the BST this Saturday. This is the last chance in April to get out and dig. We will be meeting at the City Creek Trailhead and working on both sides of the canyon. We'll send part of the group up the west side to do brush back work and light trail erosion work (if you have loppers or pruners please bring them). The rest of us will work on the east side working to enlarge and improve erosion structures that were put in last summer (turning the speed bumps into smooth rollers).

All tools will be provided by the Bonneville Shoreline Trail Committee except for loppers, please bring them if you can. If you haven't had a chance to volunteer yet, please try to make it (the "regulars" are starting to wear out).

mtbr member
    I would love to contribute, especially since I just moved here. unfortunately, I have already committed to the Utah Bike Summit this Friday and Saturday. Do you schedule regular work sessions?
    Can you hook that up to your car?.......

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by whit022000
    I would love to contribute, especially since I just moved here. unfortunately, I have already committed to the Utah Bike Summit this Friday and Saturday. Do you schedule regular work sessions?
    No worries, the BST folks schedule several days a year, I will post up when I hear of another date.

JMH

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm there.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Thanks to everyone that came out!
    JMH

Bored Carp
    A special thanks to Chumley, who came out despite his injuries, and whose antics had us all in stitches.

Cheers,
    Chuky
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Homer's problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    A special thanks to Chumley, who came out despite his injuries, and whose antics had us all in stitches.

Cheers,
    Chuky
    No kidding! Who brings a 40 foot beer bong to a trail maintenence day?

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Members who have read this thread: 0