mtbr member
    Jun 2009

SLC Riders: Crest Trail tomorrow (7/9)?

Lemme know.

mtbr member
    be sure not to drop into milcreek on an odd day

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    thanks for the reminder, had a reply from my tgr post but i'm to damn lazy to get up early on my off days. will they actually turn you around?

mtbr member
    I'm out but thanks for asking.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    Rode it last night, make sure to bring your camera as the wild flowers up there are in full form and the trail is in excellent shape.

If you are riding after 6PM let me know and I may join you.

mtbr member
    I have never ridden it on an odd day, I don't someone is physically standing there making you turn around, but you will most likely make a lot of hikers really mad...which is the last thing we need

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11
    thanks for the reminder, had a reply from my tgr post but i'm to damn lazy to get up early on my off days. will they actually turn you around?
    as 123 said, probably no one standing there, but that's not the point. break the rules and we will probably end up losing access to the trail period. Its not so hard to deal with, so deal with it.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11
    They probably won't turn you around, but if you're going to get all Jesse James on that trail you should take it all the way and blow past all the hikers without yielding. Maybe yell at them for not moving over quick enough when you pass. Lay down some long skids as you scream towards them out of control. Scare their dogs/children, the elderly. If there's a Canyon Patrol Sheriff at the parking lot throw him the 'shocker' sign as you ride down to hit the lower stuff.

Just really rub it in that you're mad about having that section of the canyon closed every other day. That will really do the cause a lot of good and I'm sure someone will take notice and open it up to bikers every day and probably just outright ban hikers.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    And all the dogs don't have to have leaches on today. Not that the leach law really works on the even days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    hahaha thanks for the info, i posted after midnight and was thinking today was indeed an even day. i wasn't planning on riding all ninja like, just wondering if they'd really enforce those rules. guess i'll wait till next week and ride it then, lemme know if you want to make plans.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mooddude
    And all the dogs don't have to have leaches on today. Not that the leach law really works on the even days.
    I hate leeches. I won't ride up there if dogs have to have them. It's the wierdest law. A friend of mine was actually fined $13 for having a dog without leeches. Of course, they never enforce the deer tick law up there. Totally hypocritical.
    Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 07-09-2009 at 10:58 AM.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    slcrocky - you are a crack up, love your posts every time, even when you are picking on me!

Members who have read this thread: 0