SLC/Park City Trail Beta Please...- Mtbr.com
    UpHiller

SLC/Park City Trail Beta Please...

Good Day MTBR,

My girlfriend and I are flying from Montana into the SLC area for a long MTB weekend starting Friday. I have a shuttle planned for Saturday on the Wasatch Crest Trail. Any ideas for Sunday or Monday? We are open to any suggestions on some cherry rides in the SLC/Park City area. We are both avid riders and "think" we are in great shape. What are some of the epics*? Info on anything is always appreciated.

-Turd

*(I really hate that word)

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Utahmountainbiking.com
    check out in SLC Bonneville shore line and Little Cottonwood creek.
    I rode a bunch up in Park City when I lived up there but for the life of me I can't remember a trail name..sorry. But Deer valley has some awesome rides along with some tear your legs off climbs. Our favortie SS ride was to cruise up Tour De Suds and make our way along the top of the ridge and come down at Park city mountain resort off teh trails there. Epic! good luck!
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Depends on your riding

If you're into loops, park at Guardsman Pass and do Wasatch Crest/Mid-Mountain as a loop. It's a great ride!

Too Short? Drop from Scott's pass into PC and traverse your way across to Deer Valley and do some of their fun trails, continuing on a big loop that heads out to the Solamere and Lost Prospector trails.

Looking for a quick, fun loop? Head to Glenwild and connect the Glenwild, Cobblestone and Flying Dog trails. Flying Dog is new and great fun!!! I like it counter clockwise.

Wanting something really out there? Head up to Alta and grunt up to Sunset Pass. Then descend and get onto the Ridge 157 trail. This is a point to point unless you're a real glutton for punishment.

Need something close to SLC? BST from Hogle Zoo, Millcreek Canyon, Quarry Trail (Little Cottonwood), Corner Canyon has great singletrack.

Well, that's a few ideas. www.utahmountainbiking.com has great info. I'd offer to go ride with you, but I'm only available late Fri night (8pm and later) If you want a night ride, we could hit the Crest by moonlight ;-)

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Mid-Mountain

Riding a big Mid-Mountain loop will make a fella tired... park somewhere in PC, ride out to Deer Valley, climb Tour de Homes or DeerCrest/Four Point up to the beginning of Mid Mountain at Silver Lake and ride, ride, ride until you hit Rob's and Collin's trails. This will dump you out just past the Canyons resort, and it's a few miles back into town. It's about 30-35 miles and takes about 3.5 hours.

J

UpHiller
    Thanks for all the beta everyone. Lots of good info here. That Mid-Mountain looks like a winner. Whoever made that mountainbikeutah.com website did an amazing job.

-Turd

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Pick up a Park City trail map at JANS, White Pine or Cole Sport. It's extremely detailed and will get you where you want to go.

JMH

mtbr member
    Just came back. We did Glenwild one day. My wife ran and I rode. It's rated as moderate but I think that's a misnomer, some of the climbs are pretty challenging especially w/ the shale. Good ride though.

My long ride was riding up Spiro up to Mid Mountain. Then take Mid Mountain to the Canyons, down to the road and back to Park City. Spiro is a grunt but it's a great route. Takes about 4 hours.

I also rode up Team Big Bear which is a quickie. Deer Valley trails are cool, though I'm not a downhiller. I really liked Deer Camp and Flagstaff.

Members who have read this thread: 0