SLC/Park City Easy to Moderate Riding in October?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SLC/Park City Easy to Moderate Riding in October?

My wife and I are heading up to the Park City area for the second week in October. Will the lifts still be transporting bikes that time of year? How's the weather around that time? Will we be riding in the SLC area down the hill the whole time?

We're looking for some easier to moderate trails in both of those areas, preferably with some good scenery. She has been riding for about a year so she can handle some technical terrain and moderate climbing. She doesn't want to be hiking her bike the whole time on super steep stuff. I'll pretty much ride anything, so if there are any trails that have alternate lines for the more experienced rider that would be great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

chances are

everything in slc and pc will be rideable in oct. Some years it does snow in the upper elevations as early as sep, but most years we can ride whereever want on halloween. I am not sure about the lifts, but the Mid Mountain trail in park city which is about the most popular one is usually fenced off and closed by the ski resorts late in sept.
    Check out www.utahmountainbiking.com and pick some rides. Oct is a great time of year to be in slc. Unfortunatly its followed by 6 months of freezing hell called Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and april.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    everything in slc and pc will be rideable in oct. Some years it does snow in the upper elevations as early as sep, but most years we can ride whereever want on halloween. I am not sure about the lifts, but the Mid Mountain trail in park city which is about the most popular one is usually fenced off and closed by the ski resorts late in sept.
    Check out www.utahmountainbiking.com and pick some rides. Oct is a great time of year to be in slc. Unfortunatly its followed by 6 months of freezing hell called Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and april.
    for the best skiing in the country

there should be tons fo fun XC type stuff still rideable in october though.

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    You've obviously never been to New England during those months if you think THIS place is a freezing hell?

Anyways, for moderate rides in Park City you can't go wrong with Round Valley out near Rt. 40. You can get to it from the Rail Trail in town. I work at White Pine touring which is right on the Rail Trail and we have the Mountain Trails trail map...come in and we can certainly offer up some trail advice. Unfortunately in this town you gotta climb everywhere...

Members who have read this thread: 0