Which SLC Bike Shop to build cross bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Which SLC Bike Shop to build cross bike

I want to build up a cross bike that I will mainly use to commute but will also be used to do road training, cross riding, and an occasional race. I was thinking of something along the lines of a Soma Double cross (steel, fender eyelets, good enough components to race). What LBS in SLC would likely carry what I need or do a good job building up a bike to fit what I want.

Thanks for your help

PM Me for Wood Fenders
    Sounds like a good project, not sure who to recommend on the frame, but if you are looking for fenders, take a look at some of the ones I make!!
    The wood is being bent! Let me know what you need!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    go see the guys over t Fishers - they should be able to get you set up

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Wooden fenders might be sweet. When it comes time I may go that route. I'll keep you in mind after I build up the bike.

Takin'er easy
    Contender on 9th and 9th has been rated the best pro road bike shop in the Nation by Bicycle Retailer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesaregood
    Contender on 9th and 9th has been rated the best pro road bike shop in the Nation by Bicycle Retailer.
    Yeah, but what do real human beings think about it? Every time I have gone in their I can't believe the tude some of the employees have. The bike techs are usually rather helpful, but when talking with people working the front counter I want to shoot myself. A year back I was interested in a Trance, I walked in with cash in my pocket to purchase a bike. After standing around for at least 5 minutes and not being asked if I needed help I left. Maybe I just went on an off day.

mtbr member

too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue
    Maybe I just went on an off day.
    I think you did go in on an off day, knowing those guys quite well I can say that providing an excellent customer experience is priority number one and they have a proven record of exactly that. Too bad for them if they lost your business.

mtbr member

Wild Rose

Bought my new bike at Wild Rose this Spring. I must have been in there a dozen times talking myself in to spending the $, never any pressure. They were just as quick to help they guy with the beat-looking Frankenbike as the $5K carbon job.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Talk to Mark at Saturday Cycles in West Bountiful/Centerville. He's a Soma dealer, is a great guy and will build you the perfect commuter.
    I would talk to him before you go anywhere else.

Members who have read this thread: 0