shuttle rides in virgin this weekend?- Mtbr.com
    comforter smasher
    Apr 2005

shuttle rides in virgin this weekend?

is any body interested in some shuttle rides in virgin this weekend and monday/tuesday of next week? a buddy and i are coming down to ride and are wondering if anybody wants to join in the fun. we are both comfortable on most everything there so we'd be up for whatever. the more the merrier. pm me if you're game. thanks

NOT Team Sanchez
    might be able to come out with some local superstars on tues, weather is our determining factor right now........it's been wet, it's currently raining, and I don't know if that area will be ok unless it stops very soon.
    I like bikes.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    yeah, i've been checking the weather, looks like you guys have been dealing with lots of rain this winter. reports say sun and sixties with the exception of one rainy day on sunday. rains good for building though, huh? i'll pm you with my phone number, it'd be great to hook up.

NOT Team Sanchez

Definitely been building.........

Quote Originally Posted by mizunkee
    yeah, i've been checking the weather, looks like you guys have been dealing with lots of rain this winter. reports say sun and sixties with the exception of one rainy day on sunday. rains good for building though, huh? i'll pm you with my phone number, it'd be great to hook up.
    I won't be able to make it up to Virgin on Saturday as I'm helping a friend move later that morning, but if you're willing to drive the extra twenty minutes to St.George we'll be riding around 7 am on the barrels trail. We just completed a 22' by 9' stepdown, and super long stepup in addition to a new 11' drop, 17' hip, and 25' by 5' stepdown, besides the dozen or so others moves we've got.......what kind of bikes are you fellas on? We all roll FR/AM bikes and pedal pretty fast up the hills.

HAHAHA btw I just looked at your profile to see what kind of bike you were rolling (demo 7 nice choice) and noticed your job was with UPS, I just finished working there this fall to pursue college more aggressively........Finals aren't that bad compared with Christmas at UPS
    I like bikes.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    we'll be staying in hurricane so st george riding won't be a problem. we'll have all mountain and dh rigs with us. your trails sound fun. i'll post when we get down there.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Here's the new stepdown,

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=493726

We'll be meeting at the top of canyon view drive at seven am ( place where you park for the zen, racecourse, loop, etc. )
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I know its probably to late, but I would check the bottom of both grafton and the monkey to make sure the red flats aren't to greasy before being dropped off at the top on either. To many times i've dragged my bike back to the car after a stellar ride on the actual trails. As of thursday when I was on grafton digging, the road was still pretty sloppy. Headed up there again in an hour or two.

NOT Team Sanchez
    what were you building, or was it just some trail maintenance?
    I like bikes.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    hey guys, we just got here. we are going to ride guacamole then mess around at the old red bull venue. we checked out earn em, bottom looked a bit wet last night but i think this evening it might be doable. dont know about flying monkey cuz of the long flat at the bottom. we might come visit the bottom of grafton to see if you are motivated to ride a bit. wasea sorry we missed you, your stepdown looks money!
    Last edited by mizunkee; 02-21-2009 at 09:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm rebuilding n.f.l. I put in some dumping berm switchbacks instead of all that fall line stuff that was on it, but I am still a few days before it is finished. There are some canadians that come visit every winter camping at the redbull site and we are going to be shuttling in Zion all day monday if anyone is interested. We have a driver so there will be no need for multi cars. Not sure what we are going to hit but will probably finish the day with the "Mondo Zag"
    We haven't set an exact time yet I'll post that tonight.

comforter smasher
    Apr 2005
    we met up with those guys yesterday after a sesh at the old redbull site, asked them if they wanted to shuttle flying monkey today. we are going to try and meet up with them around eleven. any takers? furrykid, looks like some rain in the forecast tomorrow, are those trails rideable in the rain? if so, two of us would be interested in some shuttling tomorrow. have a great day.

NOT Team Sanchez

We need to barter some intellectual property......

Quote Originally Posted by furrykid
    I'm rebuilding n.f.l. I put in some dumping berm switchbacks instead of all that fall line stuff that was on it, but I am still a few days before it is finished. There are some canadians that come visit every winter camping at the redbull site and we are going to be shuttling in Zion all day monday if anyone is interested. We have a driver so there will be no need for multi cars. Not sure what we are going to hit but will probably finish the day with the "Mondo Zag"
    We haven't set an exact time yet I'll post that tonight.
    Furrykid,

Would you be down to ride Mondo Zag or IT with our crew some time, I've heard you mention them both, and I don't know of them, BTW how would they compare to what I have done: Grafton, Pioneer Shopper, Flying Monkey? In exchange we'd love to have you down to St.George for some of our goodies. Oh, and is NFL the section right before the spine on Grafton?
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    NFL is a totally different trail which compares to most of those but dumps out in a different spot. the mondo zag is the line that goes from the windmill at gooseberry and dumps out near the new redbull site. you can see the switchbacks from highway nine in Virgin... (thus why Bender dubbed it the mondo zag.) Have you all been shown the missing link also refered to as the upper monkey? These days I think that's more fun than the monk. The IT is another that you wouldn't find without being shown. Its got a like a twenty minute hike a bike before you drop in and the exit is through private property for now so we only hit it occasionally, but I think it is the most tech trail in so. Utah. I've ridden every part but never cleaned the whole thing in one shot. The spine on grafton you mentioned may be "dig it" if its before the actual mesa break. The one with the big hike a bike. my cel is 435 619 1477 give me a scream and I'll give you the tour.

Members who have read this thread: 0