Shuttle Recommendation for Porc Rim?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Shuttle Recommendation for Porc Rim?

I 'll be out there in a few weeks. Planning on shuttling as far up TWE as we can get. I assume we just leave our truck somewhere in town and ride back into town after finishing Porcupine Rim? Any recommendations for shuttle companies?

Also, how far up do you think we can go? It will be around May 7-9 or so.

One more, how long should we expect the ride to take and what times do the shuttles generally offer as departure?

Thanks, Chuck
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    I 'll be out there in a few weeks. Planning on shuttling as far up TWE as we can get. I assume we just leave our truck somewhere in town and ride back into town after finishing Porcupine Rim? Any recommendations for shuttle companies?

Also, how far up do you think we can go? It will be around May 7-9 or so.

One more, how long should we expect the ride to take and what times do the shuttles generally offer as departure?

Thanks, Chuck
    Kokopelli might be available from La Sals Rd by then, but it also might not be ready. If it is not ready the commercial shuttles will drop you at the LPS drop by the cattle grate and you will have to decide whether to ride up UPS or Kokopelli yourself for some extra joy.

It has been my experience that all the shuttle companies are good.

Coyote runs out of Chilli Pepper Bike Shop and runs a couple of vans. They run older vans and are a little cheaper generally.
    Porcupine Shuttles runs out of Poison Spider and has nice vans but charges a little more.
    Moab Cyclery runs a van as well from their shop
    Acme Shuttles roams around town and you can always call them and get a ride

Shuttles run all day, each company has different pickup times. Porcupine has departures at 10am and 11.30am as well as earlier if people ask (and he gets the numbers).

The ride up is generally about 30-40mins. The ride back into town on your bike is about 30mins.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zzsean
    The ride back into town on your bike is about 30mins.
    I assume you are meaning riding back on the road you came in on?

In my experience, Porcupine takes about 3-4 hours, depending on if you stop at all, or start at LPS.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I think the 30 minute part is from the end of Porc Rim back into town.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    Thanks guys. I think the 30 minute part is from the end of Porc Rim back into town.

Sorry yep, I misunderstood what you were asking.

Shuttle ride up - 30-40mins
    Bike ride from LPS drop - 90mins to multiple hours depending on how much you play
    Ride back into town from the end of Porcupine - 30mins

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    All the companies will get you up there. I seem to always go with Coyote, but that's me. Just a little tidbit....I almost always park at the trailhead on 128. First thing in the morning *(when traffic is lighter), you get a nice spin into town. Pick up a shuttle....ride the goodness....finish at parking lot with a cooler full of cold ones.

Ride and Smile
    Check with Kyle at ACME. Sometimes he is picking up at the end of porcupine. Then you don't have to do the road at the end.

Since LPS has been open more than a week, I would think UPS might be good now.
    Everyone charges the same money, except Uranium I think charges a little more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Maestro
    All the companies will get you up there. I seem to always go with Coyote, but that's me. Just a little tidbit....I almost always park at the trailhead on 128. First thing in the morning *(when traffic is lighter), you get a nice spin into town. Pick up a shuttle....ride the goodness....finish at parking lot with a cooler full of cold ones.

I like where your heads at here. I'd love to finish with at the truck and start the refueling process.

Members who have read this thread: 0