Showers at or near Brian Head?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Showers at or near Brian Head?

Greetings! My wife & I are camping at Yankee Meadows this coming weekend, and there are no showers there! After a hard day of riding Brian Head on Saturday, I'm pretty sure I'll be sleeping outside the tent if I don't find someplace to rinse off. Anyone have any suggestions? We found a KOA in Cedar city with showers, but Yankee Meadows is North of Brian Head to the East of Rt 143, so Cedar City is the wrong direction. TIA!

mtbr member
    Volkswagens die when they get up to a certain altitude, as long as you don't have one you'll be all right in getting there.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Phew! Good thing I'm taking the Audi!

JSM
    mtbr member
    Red Canyon campgroung near thunder mountain trail has showers. A little ways away but at least it near a great trail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the tip! We've changed our minds and are camping at Panguitch Lake instead. We thought we had a lead on a shower, but have been unsuccessful in confirming it. Any ideas? We're leaving today around 5pm PDT.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Man, you are going to miss out on a lot of great riding if you can only do rides that are in close proximity to showers.

Can't you just soak a towl and wipe yourself down after the ride? Sure it's not the same as a spa, but a little deodorant goes a long way when you are camping. It is camping, after all...

JMH

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    See, I'm camping with my wife, and if I get as funky and dirty and sweaty as I usually do, I'll be sleeping on the picnic table. You know the drill- guys sweat, but girls "glisten." I'm fine with not showering- I just camped and climbed Mt Whitney in California and went a few days without a good cleaning. BUT Briar wasn't with me, so I could offend the poor forest creatures without a worry.

JSM
    mtbr member
    There is a KOA in panguitch, along with several other campgrounds. I sure you can find one there. It is not to far from panguitch lake. Panguitch lake is a great campground. Have fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0