Shoreline status 3/17?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Shoreline status 3/17?

Anyone been up on Shoreline the last day or two - is it getting close? Specifically from the Zoo over through Dry Creek area towards Bobsled

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Zoo to Dry Creek is good to go. Dry Creek is still muddy so best bet is to ride it early

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    West facing, black dirt slopes in the bobsled to dry gulch section are often a huge disaster for a few days after it is dry elsewhere... the red dirt sections east of dry gulch are all great!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    A little birdie told me city creek to bobsled is good to go. Dry creek, not so much.

mtbr member

Dry Creek

I was up there yesterday. Dry Creek still has patches of snow and is wet at the bottom. I'm sure it only gets worse as you go up. It'll need another week or two of warm, dry weather before it dries out enough to ride. Conditions on the lower Shoreline between the zoo and Dry Creek are about as good as they get right now- tacky and dust-free.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    anyone go up yesterday (Saturday 3/20)? Thinking about heading down to SLC later today or Monday...

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    Rode between red butte gardens and dry creek and it was perfect. Heard from a guy that dry creek was good to go all the way to City Creek with just the usual muddy/wet spots.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    just rode up dry creek and down bobsled..

dry creek has a few wet patches.. the worst are on the BST over towards bobsled where the trail turns towards the INside of the hills(the face that don't get no sun). lots of ice patches and a few VERY muddy/watery patches. Was riding for the first time and it made life hell for me.. guess i wasn't doing the trail any favors by riding it in this condition either

Bobsled OTOH was nice and dry. minus a few patches where the curves are wet, where I managed to tkae a couple of tumbles as well

Members who have read this thread: 0