mtbr member

shoreline north?

I live in the SLC area and like everyone else who rides moutain around here I ride shoreline up dry creek and drop down city creek quite a bit. Another ride I like is a climb up a fire road up to the radio towers and dropped down single track on the north side of city creek. I've the Shoreline trail continues on North I was just wondering how far and where it ends up? As I'm writing this I'm thinking don't be dumb just go ride it and see where it goes....
    only the curious have something to find

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, if only the curious have something to find....... Let's ride it tomorrow.

J

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kt004
    I live in the SLC area and like everyone else who rides moutain around here I ride shoreline up dry creek and drop down city creek quite a bit. Another ride I like is a climb up a fire road up to the radio towers and dropped down single track on the north side of city creek. I've the Shoreline trail continues on North I was just wondering how far and where it ends up? As I'm writing this I'm thinking don't be dumb just go ride it and see where it goes....
    I've ridden the shoreline trail from Farmington Canyon to the zoo. Coming from the south, follow the trail up out of City Creek. The trail continues past some radio towers, descends, and follows a nice grassy bench above the refineries and Beck St. as a doubletrack. As of last May (this area is in question and appears it will be developed soon) the doubletrack ends at a cul-de-sac in a nice North Salt Lake neighborhood. This is where you have to ride on pavement for a few miles (well, you could cut out a mile or two by going up North Canyon and down Mueller) past Mueller Park, past the Temple, past the "B" where you will end up on a graded dirt road leading toward a shooting range. Before you get to the range, look for singletrack on the left. There is some fun new singletrack here above Centerville, but eventually you'll just be following the fire break road that braids it way to Farmington Canyon. I've ridden portions above Fruit Heights, and it appears you may be able to connect to Farmington Canyon? If so, you could ride from the zoo to Fernwood Recreation Site above Layton with just a few miles of pavement. It would be an epic ride!
    Last edited by tk421onthemic; 10-04-2005 at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

You can connect to Fernwood from Farmington Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by tk421onthemic
    I've ridden portions above Fruit Heights, and it appears you may be able to connect to Farmington Canyon? If so, you could ride from the zoo to Fernwood Recreation Site above Layton with just a few miles of pavement. It would be an epic ride!
    You can connect to Fernwood from Farmington Canyon. There are several ways to go but I do not know the private property situation. There are several places to cross Farmington Creak going north from the canyon road (bridge near pond parking lot, and stream crossing up stream a bit), they all lead to the fire roads heading north to Bella Vista Drive. You can ride Bella Vista or you can avoid some of the pavement be going above the houses and/or through the development on the sorry excuse for a trail that the developers put in to appease the Farmington Trails Commission (Volunteer group promoting easements and trail development, Http://www.farmingtonut.com/index.ph...committee.main). At the end of Bella Vista you get back on the fire road or there is a narrow single track on the upper bench, to get to the single track you go up the paved roadet near the end of Bella Vista that accesses a water tank. From the north end of 1800 East in Fruit Heights you can head up Bear Canyon (Nice climb for the first few miles) or go north over Baer Creek. North of the creek you can climb up to the fire road and head all the way to above the gun range (duck) then connect to the Layton BST with a small single track on your left as the road ends and drops into the canyon. You can also drop to the Kaysville mountain park parking lot and avoid the gun range and start the BST there.

From Fernwood you can head north farther and go up the GWT or continue the foothills to the north end of Layton

Have fun exploring, I believe the trails I have described are open for use. There are several other ways to get through but they are on private property. Please be respectful as not to jeopardize a better-developed rout in the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0