Shoreline is good to go- Mtbr.com
    Frame Building Moderator

Shoreline is good to go

Rode from City Creek to Dry Creek this afternoon and there is maybe 50' of muddy stuff over the whole distance. Things are kinda lumpy and rutted from all the traffic (mostly foot traffic) that the trails got when they were still soft/mud but they'll pack back out quick. Awesome views of Olympus and the Wasatch with the recent snow, too. Get out there!

-Walt

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looks like the rain/snow for the rest of the week will muck things up, though...

Meanwhile, St. George conditions were perfect last weekend. 60 and sunny, nicely packed dirt from the rains on Friday.

Frame Building Moderator
    Yeah, no sooner had I posted... I'm sure it's a mess again.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Any chance it will be dried out again Sunday? Supposed to be dry and warmer for a few days.

Frame Building Moderator
    I bet it's good to go as of tomorrow. Been dry on this side of town all day and sun is out.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks Walt, I'm going to try to ride dry/city creek from this point on..

Ps: the Tandem brake is working great..

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Pre-Season Shred

Shoreline is good to go-p2210028-copy.jpg

Hit shoreline a few weeks back before the last wave of rain/snow and twas good. Felt good to get the rubber back on dirt again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone want to show an east coast transplant around the shoreline trails? Will bring beer
    Firm believer in Karma

Fun-O-Meter
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderingdave View Post
    Anyone want to show an east coast transplant around the shoreline trails? Will bring beer
    I'm new to SLC and would be up for exploring Sunday afternoon, if anyone is riding. I was going to check out BST/Bobsled area.

mtbr member

Re: Shoreline is good to go

Rode BST from zoo to Bobsled today. A few moist areas without mud (no significant tire tracks form) and a few mud puddles that could be avoided above the grassy knoll. Dry Creek had done wet areas but again no mud. Did Bobsled from the south entrance - the upper part was prime: hero dirt. A few softer, wetter parts in the middle section but nothing too slippery and nothing I'd call "mud".
    Primo riding conditions today and in fact a fair amount of traffic. Glad spring is here! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I rode BST from the zoo the bobsled yesterday, no wet spots. Lots and lots of wind though. Not sure if it snowed at all down there overnight, we got a little up here in Kimball where I am, but I doubt there was anything significant in terms of wetness.
    Wanderingdave, a fellow eastcoaster and I generally ride down there a decent amount before the higher elevations dry off, we could definitely show you the limited amount we know. We'll probably be out again on monday, maybe before.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I rode the BST for the first time two weekends ago on a Sunday afternoon and it was a lot of fun. Went out and back from Popperton Park, heading north on the trail for a few miles. There were a lot of people on the trail but most everyone was really courteous and friendly. In hindsight if I had gone a little farther I would have been able to take Bobsled down as a loop, next time I'll probably check that out.

With the rain we've had the past two days, how long will it be before this dries out again? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow (Saturday). Are there other sections of the trail that would be better choices given the recent rain? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by outback97 View Post
    I rode the BST for the first time two weekends ago on a Sunday afternoon and it was a lot of fun. Went out and back from Popperton Park, heading north on the trail for a few miles. There were a lot of people on the trail but most everyone was really courteous and friendly. In hindsight if I had gone a little farther I would have been able to take Bobsled down as a loop, next time I'll probably check that out.

With the rain we've had the past two days, how long will it be before this dries out again? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow (Saturday). Are there other sections of the trail that would be better choices given the recent rain? Thanks!
    I've not been down there, but I'm told the section near Draper tends to dry out quickly. We're in line to get precip almost every other day for a while, though, so it just might not have time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Dry Gulch may take longer to dry out (ironically) that the rest of the trail that is more open and gets more exposure to sun. Haven't ridden that trail this year, but went up to Temple Quarry last weekend. It was still covered in snow. I am assuming that DG/CC is probably not under snow, but with runoffs (warm weather), I would guess it is pretty wet especially after yesterday's rains.

I'm headed out that way tomorrow, but will start from the Zoo. I will check DG to see if it is ok to ride on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm hoping to ride the bike Saturday and the board Sunday so I'm hoping for clear skies tomorrow and snow Saturday night / Sunday morning.

When I did the section of BST a couple weeks ago I was actually surprised at how dry it was then, I guess I was expecting some mud but there was none at all. Obviously that's all changed with the recent precip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    All good to go. Couple puddles and DG was just slightly damp.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks, I didn't make it up to the BST but did some fun loops over at Wheeler Farm, which is closer to where I live. Damn those goatheads though!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Subscribe..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just did drycreek from the zoo on my fatbike, the shoreline was fine but drycrrek was more like wetcreek, no to bad but I stop at the top since the single track was just to muddy to keep going to city creek..

Ps: amazing the difference the fat tires make, two guys where in front of me on 29ers's and you can see their tracks all over, my fatbike was barely noticeable and I'm 240pounds..

mtbr member
    Anyone up there today? Drycreek? Bobsled?
    Hoping to ride it early tomorrow am before the storm hits.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by billj121 View Post
    Anyone up there today? Drycreek? Bobsled?
    Hoping to ride it early tomorrow am before the storm hits.
    Dry Creek to City Creek was good to go Friday evening.