Shop that rebuilds Fox front susp. forks?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Shop that rebuilds Fox front susp. forks?

Anyone know of a shop that does fox suspension forks? mine is in need of a rebuild as it is leaking now. turns out utah took it's toll on this fork that is used to more mild Texas rides. also, how much should i expect to pay for this kind of work? I read on PUSH's website that they charge $165 for a rebuild.

mtbr member
    Hey.

We do Fox forks here at Go-Ride in Salt lake , $65 labor plus $25 for seals.

Push does great work but the $165 includes modifying the fork to use different seals.

Krispy

801-474-0081
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    thank krispy, ill have to see if i can make it by yalls shop this week.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just a vote that Go-Ride does great work. That is a shop where you should be spending all of your mtn bike money.

mtbr member
    Thanks dude.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nothing against Go-Ride

But I can show you how to change the seals and rebuild your fork in about 30 min. Fox forks are actually very easy to service yourself and require no special tools. I like to change the oil in my forks at least annually so it pays to be able to do it yourself. Get onto Fox's website and print the instructions for your fork and take a swing at doing it solo. If you have problems then you can pay go ride 60 bucks for 20 minutes of work.
    Last edited by Pedalfaraway; 08-05-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway
    But I can show you how to change the seals and rebuild your fork in about 30 min. Fox fprks are actually very easy to service yourself and require no special tools. I like to change the oil in my forks at least annually so it pays to be able to do it yourself. Get onto Fox's website and print the instructions for your fork and take a swing at doing it solo. If you hav problems then you can pay go ride 60 bucks for 20 minutes of work.
    The truth.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Fox forks are so easy to work on its not worth paying someone to do it for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    i just got done changing them myself. the fox website has a really good step by step on their website. thanks all.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

nice

What fluid did you use and where did you get it and how much did it cost? same questions with the seals
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I got the seals and fluid at chainreactioncycle.com. They have a few different fork fluids and the closest i could find was 7.5 wt. which is really close to the 7 wt. they use from the factory. otherwise you have to buy a huge container of fox brand oil. the seals are enduros so they are a bit of an upgrade too.

Members who have read this thread: 0