Santa clara?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Santa clara?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Santa clara?

I'll be in Santa Clara for the Holiday. I was wondering if there were some trails i could ride to straight out of town. And no I can't make it to goose or little creek. PM me if you could ride on fri or sat. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Look here:

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/st__g...ara_river.html

I've done the Barrel Roll and the Anasazi stuff. I liked it alot....'specially Anasazi along the rim, rocks, views, pictographs....but it's all good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    Look here:

I've done the Barrel Roll and the Anasazi stuff. I liked it alot....'specially Anasazi along the rim, rocks, views, pictographs....but it's all good.

Thanks, that helps alot.

mtbr member
    Thanks, that helps alot.
    Have fun! I wish I was down there riding, I think it's pretty good stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    check utahmountainbiking.com but deffinately barrell roll, blackbrush, and anasazi are in the santa clara reserve area across from the hamblin house.

Feb 2005
    Zen Trail rules!

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie1977
    And no I can't make it to goose or little creek. PM me if you could ride on fri or sat. Thanks.
    Thats to bad you can't go to goose, I'm heading up there tomarrow (friday) with a buddy. I haven't ridden goose in a couple of years. Needless to say I'm excited for a good ride.

I'm not to familiar with riding in Santa Clara, so can't be of much help. Enjoy the riding, and hopefully the weather is clear. I'm hoping goose won't be to cold and windy (not that it will matter, I'm still riding).

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    Look here:

Thanks for the info guys. I did the anasazi stuff today. The graveyard trails, fish hook, ..etc... I think tommorrow I'm going to play around on the barrel roll trail and the black bush trail. Then on sat I'm going to try the broken mesa rim trail. The sites you guys gave me helped alot

(By the way, Black Bush is the best name for a trail I have ever heard).

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie1977
    Thanks for the info guys. I did the anasazi stuff today. The graveyard trails, fish hook, ..etc... I think tommorrow I'm going to play around on the barrel roll trail and the black bush trail. Then on sat I'm going to try the broken mesa rim trail. The sites you guys gave me helped alot

(By the way, Black Bush is the best name for a trail I have ever heard).
    I would personally stay away from the Broken Mesa trail when it's wet - your bike will thank you. The front side of Green Valley (Zen, Barrel) & Church rocks are still fun when wet.

I'd rather be biking...
    Id avoid broken mesa unless you into embedded jagged lava rock on the trail. It can be fun and technical in some spots but gets old. lots of suspension is nice on that trail, check out this thread http://utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphp...pic.php?t=5244 hope that helps. who knows maybe you will like the trail but in my opinion there are a lot better trails in st. george area. I live here and have only rode that trail once and will probably never go back

ay Diablo!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    Id avoid broken mesa unless you into embedded jagged lava rock on the trail. It can be fun and technical in some spots but gets old. lots of suspension is nice on that trail, check out this thread http://utahmountainbiking.com/UMBphp...pic.php?t=5244 hope that helps. who knows maybe you will like the trail but in my opinion there are a lot better trails in st. george area. I live here and have only rode that trail once and will probably never go back
    Very true about broken mesa. I rode it in 04 because of the merits that utah mountain bike said about it. It was some what fun ONCE, and I will truly never do it again. Since there are so many other rides in the vicinity that are better. If you decide to ride broken mesa, definitely have a FS, and a plush one at that.

Bunk
    "You know me, I'm too lazy to carry a grudge". Sid the Sloth

Carnaval Dominicano
    http://carnaval.com.do/

NOT Team Sanchez
    I felt similar about broken mesa after my first time down it, I came back after six months and fell in love with it the second time. My DH skills had really stepped up and that trail rips........... fast, techy, and the last dh section is absolute bliss, broken mesa now ranks as one of my favorite trails. I'll admit unless you're into gnarly stuff you may not like it.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I did Barrel Roll a few times today and other than some singletrack getting wider due to ATV activity It was great. A perfect mix of up,down, tech,..etc..Will due again tommorrow and maybe through in Black Brush instead of Broken Mesa on most of your replies advice. Thanks for all your advice

mtbr member
    some singletrack getting wider due to ATV activity
    damn

I did VRRT earlier this year, same story toward the eastern end. Knuckle dragging neanderthals (nothing against neanderthals)

NOT Team Sanchez
    Four wheeler operators must be circle through the square types " derrrrrrrr, only one wheel fits on trail, I'll just ride it anyway." Motorcycles are bad too, but nothing bugs me worse than the four wheelers.
    I like bikes.

I'd rather be biking...
    Ive noticed the 4 wheeler marks getting worse on those trails, it fades away by the time you get down the first dh section but its getting real annoying. I dont see how its fun to ride a wheeler on a singletrack?

Black brush is to the point, its got a steep up and then a fun downhill section that makes it worth it.

mtbr member
    I love Broken Mesa also but it is not for the feint of heart and not wise to ride it alone. The last section Wasea mentioned is so sweet, but i do love chunky and techy riding....the trail is mean, sharp and rough. Flow doesnt really apply here....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Don't forget the new trails in the santa clara river reserve. The rim runner, rim rock, rim reaper are nice trails that were recently put in and well worth riding. Use the same parking as barrel roll.
    Last edited by kingair; 09-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mtbr member
    that the trail that goes to the left of barrel roll ? i thought that was sidewinder ?

I'd rather be biking...
    So Shelby got home and gave me a dozen long stemmed roses and a new purse! My mom took Rylee for the evening...Can't wait for dinner!
    Ur still correct that is sidewinder. The rim trails is on the other side of the canyon, just continue on your bike past the barrel roll parking lot on that dirt road. Head through the fence and down towards the wash. Follow wash down and head up that steep double track and stay to ur right till you hit the walk over for the "rim" trails. Note. Take a left on every fork or junction on those trails because there are lots of little loops shooting off and doing this will cause you to ride the whole loop.

Members who have read this thread: 0