Sanchez at Goose 1-1-07- Mtbr.com
    Chris Bling

Sanchez at Goose 1-1-07

Here are a few shots from Team Sanchez's new years ride out at goose. it was a lot of fun, even though we were missing some of our old faithfuls. Dwane was stuck on his road bike because jimmy broke his bike on saturday, and jimmy was spending time with the wife. anyway, it was a chilly 22 degrees when we started, and didnt seem to warm up hardly at all the whole ride.

One of the funniest moments was when i went off a drop at the wrong angle and plowed into a fallen tree head first and connecting with an arm sized branch. luckily for me, my head was stronger than the branch and it snapped. It makes me wonder why people are so dumb and dont wear helment. accidents happen when you least expect them. anyway, there were no big crashes. Curt decided to take a spill on some gravel and realize why he wears knee pads. Plus, he pedal kicked a 6 foot drop to flat. What a stud. I was just enjoying breaking in my new kona coilair supreme, wow, what a bike!

after all was said and done, it was a great ride and to top it off, we hit up a resturant in Hurricane called Ted and Allens. If you ever go there, there is a cute waitress named Carlie. Ben said that if he was 22 and single like me, he'd ask her out. anyway, enjoy the pics...
    Ben hitting a cool jump drop
    ben jump.jpg
    Curt with a crazy look on his face
    curt jump.jpg
    Me going down a 89 degree roller!
    the wall.jpg
    Mark airing it out
    mark jump.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    killer dude ! i am soooo ready to come back

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    DD- Chuky and I will be heading down from Salt Lake at the end of the month... would love to hook up with you guys for a ride. We will definitely be doing Gooseberry since it's been a year or two, but beyond that???? Never done Guac, is that easy to find after the fire?

Nice pics, I am loving my big FS bike after riding a lot of rigid SS...

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22
    Here are a few shots from Team Sanchez's new years ride out at goose. it was a lot of fun

Team Sanchez
    Great ride Duke! From what I've heard, Guac is still pretty easy to find your way around on. Drop us a line when you come out, and we'll show you around.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

mtbr member

SW Utah ride choices

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Great ride Duke! From what I've heard, Guac is still pretty easy to find your way around on. Drop us a line when you come out, and we'll show you around.
    Hey El Chingon,

Jaybo and I (jgusta) are coming to SW Utah the last week of Feb. to ride some desert tread for a week on our Turners. So far the ride itinerary is looking something like this:

Day 1: PDX to LAS, drive to Springdale w/bikes
    Day 2: Gooseberry Mesa (11mi CW loop or 18mi fig-8 loop)
    Day 3: Little Creek (10mi CW loop)
    Grafton Mesa (6mi shuttle)
    Day 4: Hurricane/Gould's/China Wash loop, GEM shuttle
    Day 5: Rest or Repeat favorite ride of ones listed above
    Day 6: Green Valley/Stucki Springs
    Day 7: Bootleg Canyon
    LAS back home

So in your opinion, how does the ride selection look? Is Stucki Springs/Green Valley worth checking out? or any other must do's. We were originally going to ride Guac trail and Rockville Bench, but time only allows for six ride days at most. Should we consider Broken Mesa and Church Rocks too, or just focus on the rides listed? He rides a Spot and I am on an RFX and we primarily ride trail/all-mt. type stuff w/dabbling in FR here in the NW.

Thanks,

JG

Chris Bling

good ride selection

as far as your rides go, they look awesome. the only thing i would change would be the green valley loop and stucki springs. they are just smooth, flowy singletrack with absolutely zero technical sections. i kindo think they are boring, but if you are into that stuff, go for it.

If you have not done Grafton Mesa yet, defidently go with someone who has done it before. i did it for my first time with El Chingon this past saturday and was blown away with how awesome it was. there are some pretty gnarly parts thats good to have someone show you the line first before you die trying

anyway, i would defedently go and do broken mesa. its a killer ride thats pretty technical trail that has great views the whole way down. bring your camera on that one.

church rocks is a really fun trail that used to be my favorite before i was introduced to other trails around town that are a little more technical. i still love it, i just dont do it as much as i used to.

good luck and hope you have a fun stay here in st. george

-dusty
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22
    as far as your rides go, they look awesome. the only thing i would change would be the green valley loop and stucki springs. they are just smooth, flowy singletrack with absolutely zero technical sections. i kindo think they are boring, but if you are into that stuff, go for it.

If you have not done Grafton Mesa yet, defidently go with someone who has done it before. i did it for my first time with El Chingon this past saturday and was blown away with how awesome it was. there are some pretty gnarly parts thats good to have someone show you the line first before you die trying

anyway, i would defedently go and do broken mesa. its a killer ride thats pretty technical trail that has great views the whole way down. bring your camera on that one.

church rocks is a really fun trail that used to be my favorite before i was introduced to other trails around town that are a little more technical. i still love it, i just dont do it as much as i used to.

good luck and hope you have a fun stay here in st. george

-dusty
    Thanks for the feedback!! I think I will bag the Stucki ride as well and focus on the other rides and thanks for the heads up with Grafton. So, how is routing on Little Creek for a fairly good trail finder from out of town? Also, what trail map would you recommend. I got some pretty good maps of the internet so far.

Thanks and great pics, I will be sure to bring the knee armor.

JG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta
    Day 1: PDX to LAS, drive to Springdale w/bikes
    Day 2: Gooseberry Mesa (11mi CW loop or 18mi fig-8 loop)
    Day 3: Little Creek (10mi CW loop)
    Grafton Mesa (6mi shuttle)
    Day 4: Hurricane/Gould's/China Wash loop, GEM shuttle
    Day 5: Rest or Repeat favorite ride of ones listed above
    Day 6: Green Valley/Stucki Springs
    Day 7: Bootleg Canyon
    LAS back home

JG
    Good line-up. You might consider heading back to LV on day six and doing the Cowboy trails instead of Green Valley/Stucki Springs. Or Bootleg in the morning and Cowboy trails in the afternoon on day 7 depending on you flight time. Fun stuff. Climb up to the the overlook then head down the boneshaker.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Team Sanchez
    Instead of Stucki, I'll take you on the Barrel trail, and we'll link it to Bear Claw Poppy. That will give you a good 18 miles of some of the best local single track. Drop me a line before you come out. I don't work much anymore, so I have lot's of time to ride. Another ride worth considering is Slickrock swamp there in Springdale. It is similar to Goose and Little Creek, but much more picturesque. Try www.utahmountainbiking.com for maps and good directions.

mtbr member
    Will do. Thanks. We will be rolling through SW Utah w/rental car 2/25 (Sun) to 3/2 (Fri) and back to Vegas for Jay's b-day and a ride or two.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I hit Slickrock Swamp in October and lost the trail once or twice.

But it's definitely fun.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Instead of Stucki, I'll take you on the Barrel trail, and we'll link it to Bear Claw Poppy. That will give you a good 18 miles of some of the best local single track. Drop me a line before you come out. I don't work much anymore, so I have lot's of time to ride. Another ride worth considering is Slickrock swamp there in Springdale. It is similar to Goose and Little Creek, but much more picturesque. Try www.utahmountainbiking.com for maps and good directions.

Members who have read this thread: 0