salt lake city trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

salt lake city trails

howdy all, im from nor cal, and will be working in salt lake city for about the next month, im looking for weekend rides and maybe even a ride or two during the week... oh, hows the weather out there, is riding even going on?
    WARNING: Riding with improperly adjusted brakes or bake pads is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Yeah, check this thread http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=277467

I rode the whole SLC BST yesterday and it was mostly dry, totally rideable. Still a few soft spots that should shape up over the next few days (or when somebody walks them with a shovel and takes down some of the ruts)

The BST (bonneville shoreline trail) is right on the hills above the city. Tough climb to access, but generally flat once you are there. It's a nice 2hr out and back from one end to the other if you aren't in a hurry, and it gets sun until very late in the evening. Easy to head out after work.

The Pipeline trail should also be coming into form after this stretch of balmy weather. By the end of the month there may be more options available, especially if it's 65 every day.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire
    howdy all, im from nor cal, and will be working in salt lake city for about the next month, im looking for weekend rides and maybe even a ride or two during the week... oh, hows the weather out there, is riding even going on?

mtbr member
    sweet man, thanks for the info! ill be in slc for the next two weeks, if anyone would like to ride with a fat slow guy...
    WARNING: Riding with improperly adjusted brakes or bake pads is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

How about Sunday?

I could take you up on Sunday... I am supposed to ride three hours slow... PM me if you are interested.

JMH

Rocks Rock

Another visitor

Quote Originally Posted by FatTire
    sweet man, thanks for the info! ill be in slc for the next two weeks, if anyone would like to ride with a fat slow guy...
    I am here for a few days and will be riding after work each day. I have to be close to IMFT out in Lehi so I can hit the trail by 6:30pm. I get off at 6pm. Irode the Draper section of the BST yesterday. It's dry, but getting lose on the steep parts already. Today I will take Wasatch Blvd. to Little Cottonwood, take a right and park at the first trail head there. It is very steep at least to start out, and will have some hike-a-bike. I figure I can get an hour and fifteen up and fifteen down before it gets dark. I am an old clidesdale so feel free to join me. 208 794-7221
    Am I being kind?

Ride Responsibly
    Yo' Fat, got that laptop workin?
    ride anything good?

mtbr member
    yes i did, and no, i havent... looks like ill be able to this saturday though, if i can fine a trail near a golf course, so i have a ride to the trail head...

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Unfortunately if the forecast holds, all the trails around SLC will be buried in snow or mud this weekend. I know we need snow, but I'm over it and ready to ride more.

Ride Responsibly
    Hmmmm, golf course, mt bike, Im thinkin a combination polo kinda thing!

mtbr member
    a guy at the site we are working on rides, will likely ride with him sunday...
    i dont think the storm is gonna be all that bad

Ride Responsibly
    was not as bad a storm as the weatherman predicted here. did you get that cassett changed?

mtbr member
    well, maybe i was being overly optimistic, its snowing this morning... and yeah, i got the cassette on...

mtbr member
    ok, so, anyone think riding this weekend is a possibility? i was thinking mueller park, any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I was thinking Antelope Island. Have never been there. Have no idea how it's gonna be. But have to ride....have to..... Do you guys think it's gonna be ok tomorrow (friday)? Or saturday?

Bored Carp
    Antelope Island is a combo of sandy doubletrack and a few really nice sections of singletrack. The bison and horses really chop up the double track. It might be better after a bit of moisture, but be prepared for some slow going.

If you look here, you can see Elephant head in background. Elephant Head has one of the nice singletrack sections on it:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7594299165551/

The whole Antelope Island set:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7594299165551/
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice pictures. It is so cold here in Park City that I don't believe it could be much better just 1 hour drive from here. Should be better tomorrow...

mtbr member

BST - Draper

I went out Wed night about 10pm in the storm and rode some of corner canyon and some of the Draper BST. I was riding in/on snow but it was rideable and great.

I also went out last night from about 8-11 and rode BST Draper and the S. Mountain trails. They were all in great shape. I hit a little mud above Mike Weir, but that's it. The sand absorbed the water and is making for great trail conditions right now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I rode Antelope Island on Saturday and I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice sections of singletrack and awesome views!
    I would like to drive down to Salt lake tomorrow and ride BST. Has anybody done it recently? I guess it should be in a good shape...

more pics here: https://www.blog.bikeusa.cz/index.php?itemid=128

Bored Carp
    BST is in great shape, rode it just an hour ago.

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Members who have read this thread: 0