Salt Lake City or Provo- Mtbr.com
    Bump

Salt Lake City or Provo

I will be in SLC area this weekend can anyone tell me what is the best ride IO can do I am also willing to ride in Provo,\

Tony

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

depends

what type of ride are you looking for
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

Bump

Slc

3-4 hours I can pretty much handle any kind of crosscountry trail, don't really want just a downhill course.

Tony

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Can you make it up to Park City? You could ride a bunch of variations of the glen wild trails for a handful of hours. I'd check out flying dog (check it out on http://www.utahmountainbiking.com)...that is if it's open. It's been closed lately. The other parts of glen wild are apparently open so you could connect a bunch for 3-4 hours of cross country stuff.

In Salt Lake, you could do the shoreline at hogle zoo to city creek and that'd be relatively long.

The main problems is lots of the long high altitude trails still have snow all in them. So I'm racking my brain trying to think of something that you could ride for 4 hours this year.

Bored Carp
    An SLC Shoreline/Ensign out-and-back would get you 4 hours.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Bump

Slc

Can you tell me the best way to get there and the best route to take

Tony

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/bonshor1.htm

If you wish to add the climb up to Ensign Peak, the trailhead is just across the entrance to City Creek from the City Creek parking lot. It heads up the canyon for about 1/2 mile, turns left and starts climbing. Just keep going until you are daunted.

JMH

mtbr member
    The Bonneville Shoreline Trail is a really good trail, and lower altitude if you're a flatlander, but you ought to head up to Glenwild and do that to the flying dog...it was open a few days ago, with only a small amount of mud. It is about 20 miles with about 2000 feet of climbing and some great downhill cruising, especially taken clockwise. The base is about 6500 feet...around 2000 feet higher than the BST. It also has 3 fun easy downhills that drop off the main trail with nicely banked turns, some small wooden ramps, that sort of thing.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

Members who have read this thread: 0