Salt Lake area winter rides- Mtbr.com

Jan 2007

Salt Lake area winter rides

I need to get out!

I have now updated my winter riding gear and am looking for some place to ride.

Any suggestions? Are some trails somehow better than others in the winter?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    The Red Butte section of BST is OK from time to time, right now it's all boot backed and rideable! But burr it's cold and kinda hazy. Often times it dries and freezes so it's good. I ride on the snowpack in Millcreek sometimes. It's pretty packed down and i've made it from the gate to Dog Lake parking lot. Try some 2.3's with really agressive tread on the snow. If we get into a warm spell again the Pipeline is south facing and dries out quickly.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    ucme4dk posted about Lambert Park... it's on utahmountainbiking, sounds rad if you are near Alpine or don't mind the drive.

JMH

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Lambert Park -- Corner Canyon

Rode Lambert Park this morning. Start was pre-dawn and it was COLD. There were deer all over, some startling and running when we were very close to them -- a little scary when you can't see out around you very well. Ride time was around 1:45. Trail conditions are great -- they've done a great job packing down the Frozen Hog course and some other connected trails.

Rode Corner Canyon last night. Also cold but nowhere near this morning. Rode up the upper canyon road to the turn off on the new singletrack (don't remember what Draper named it). Most of it was rideable on the way up, but I did get off and walk a bit too. Leading into the singletrack is fairly tough, but once you get down a little ways, it is good (and difficult) riding. Make sure you stay on the packed track -- otherwise you'll sink your wheel about 18" and risk an endo in the trees. After I descended the singletrack, I headed over toward the lower trails by the South Mountain Gold Course. This was good in some spots and tough/walking in others. All in all, a good time.

Hope y'all are having a great winter!

Members who have read this thread: 0