riding this week in park city?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

riding this week in park city?

hey there, i'm visiting here in park city until august 2nd. just wondering if there's any group rides or anyone who knows their way around the trails. i would like to get some good riding in this week. i'm anxious to ride the crest trail. i'm renting a blur lt from jans and will be ready to hit the trails monday morning...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

also any good recs for kayak rentals?

Bored Carp
    Tuesday nights at White Pine, 5:45, the Sugar ride. A women's MTB group ride. Typically divides into 6 groups based on ability (self-selecting), goes for 2 hours. Slowest group is comprised of true beginners, fastest group tends to have a wide range of rider types (racers, locals) Nice way to see some trails you might not otherwise. I am there almost every week, typically on either my Orbea Alma or my orange Niner.

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Jun 2007

thanks chuky!

i did do those group rides last time i was in town (mid june)...... fun stuff....... just wanting to get in a longer more challenging ride somewhere else i guess.

Bored Carp
    We don't ride slow in the hardest group...

Lots of long challenging rides in PC. Most of us locals are in summer mode, meaning lots of morning or evening rides (i am partial to the evening rides, due to the beer after).

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    The White Pine rides are probably the way to go. If you are interested in the Heber area, Brothers Bikes has group rides. As for kayaking, I assume you mean WW? Check out utahwhitewaterclub dot org, as they often have folks meet on the mighty Weber river for a Henefer to Taggart run. Sidsports and Wasatch touring probably rent WW kayaks. REI doesn't.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Not a group ride but would ride the crest tuesday or wednesday this week. Not sure if you want to shuttle it or ride it as a loop.

crest.mid mountain is fun and long

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=430955

I have never done it from the PC side but it could be alot of fun that way as well.

Jun 2007

awesome

hopefully i'll be in your group this time see you tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    We don't ride slow in the hardest group...

Lots of long challenging rides in PC. Most of us locals are in summer mode, meaning lots of morning or evening rides (i am partial to the evening rides, due to the beer after).

Cheers,
    C

Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboater
    The White Pine rides are probably the way to go. If you are interested in the Heber area, Brothers Bikes has group rides. As for kayaking, I assume you mean WW? Check out utahwhitewaterclub dot org, as they often have folks meet on the mighty Weber river for a Henefer to Taggart run. Sidsports and Wasatch touring probably rent WW kayaks. REI doesn't.
    thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0