riding in Saint George/ Boulder City- Mtbr.com
    Salad Days

riding in Saint George/ Boulder City

So it's spring break on Friday and me and a buddy are planning on heading down through SLC for a bit of snow and then down to Saint George on Sunday. I have heard of Goosberry mesa before and plan on riding it. I did a search here and found advice to go to Little Creek, Church Rock, Broken Rim Mesa, The Green Vally Loop and Stuckie Springs but the post was a few years old. We are both strong riders on 5-6" bikes and are looking for some good rides to jump start the season. We would also like advice on good places to camp and have a good time. . .

We were also considering heading down to Boulder city for a bit too, anything particular to not miss at Bootleg canyon? Can you camp near there?

Here's a pic from last Friday in Bozeman: Winter is still here for a while. . .

Chris Bling

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Spring Break is going to be sweet!

[QUOTE=. I did a search here and found advice to go to Little Creek, Church Rock, Broken Rim Mesa, The Green Vally Loop and Stuckie SpringsQUOTE]

Yes for sure on all of them, but if you are short on time, you can cut out the green valley loop and stucki springs. they are fun, but not as fun as the other ones that you are talking about.

if you are looking for someone to go riding with, i can take you on some of the closer trails here in st george before i have to go into work at 10. on saturday, we can plan a group excursion out to some of the distant trails like goosebury or little creek. if you need guys to ride with, i know a ton of riders down here so i could defidently hook you up.

before you roll into town, give me a call at work and we can meet up and hit up the trails here. There are quite a few trails that you didnt mention that are "must rides".

dusty

my work number is 435 674 2929. i work at desert cyclery and ill be working throughout the whole week of spring break, so you should have a good chance of getting a hold of me. let me know if you guys are interested.
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    If you're looking for the more techy XC trails not to missed at Bootleg this is my favorite loop:

Up West leg (Or Mother to West Leg) then clockwise on Caldera to the bottom, then up inner Caldera... left when you get to the T... and left again when you get back to Outer Caldera.... then up Boy Scout clear to the top... Down Skyline...cross the road and down East leg. About 1.5 to 2 hours.

If you're looking for the Down hill runs I can't help you much there. I did the least gnarly on my 6.6 (Snake Bite) and it was fun but got to the bottom too fast for me.

If you get as far as Vegas... Cowboy trails with the descent down Bone Shaker is not to be missed. About 30-40 minute from Boulder depending on traffic.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

locked - time out
    Check out utahmountainbiking.com. Good trail info and videos.

Members who have read this thread: 0