Riding Park City tomorrow....which is best- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Riding Park City tomorrow....which is best

Last time I came I rode Park City on a Heckler (chair'd it the whole time) which was cool but I hear Deer Valley is even better. I"m renting either a Chumba XCL or a Rocky Mountain Switch from Cole's depending on which trails I'm going to ride. Any advice? Can I ride up to Deer Valley from Cole? Anyone care to show an out-of-towner around the slopes? I'm from Orange County, CA and am a int/adv rider with some skills but not much air time. I'd rather not ride alone! Thanks.

Devil Mtn
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007
    Last time I came I rode Park City on a Heckler (chair'd it the whole time) which was cool but I hear Deer Valley is even better. I"m renting either a Chumba XCL or a Rocky Mountain Switch from Cole's depending on which trails I'm going to ride. Any advice? Can I ride up to Deer Valley from Cole? Anyone care to show an out-of-towner around the slopes? I'm from Orange County, CA and am a int/adv rider with some skills but not much air time. I'd rather not ride alone! Thanks.
    PM sent

mtbr member
    How'd it go?
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

mtbr member
    Do Tell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    IT. WAS. AWESOME. The riding that is. Renting a bike from Cole, riding up to Deer Valley and then finding out I could have rented a bike at the Snow lodge, not so much! I would have liked to had the Jamis Dakar I saw in the rental place there but it was not to be. I rented at Cole in Park City and then decided to ride up which was a good warm up for sure. The Chumba XCL was a better choice for this and overall was a good bike for the day since I wasn't doing any double diamonds.

I was able to do all the Black Diamonds with it and it did really well in the tight turns. I really enjoyed Naildriver to Homeward Bound (hit all the obstacles except the big drop) which was just amazing. Then I continued down Twist and Shout to Ida's (?) and through the Dog Pound. I only crashed a few times and struggled without clipless pedals. They put on those little campus pedals and the first time down nail driver, I almost flew off the bike over the bars!

But what a great setup. I'm really jealous of the folks that live up there and get to ride all those trails constantly. I was a bit sore after all the pedaling so I grabbed a sixer of Shiner at the Albertsons, went back the hotel, and hit the hot tub. Then it was a night of Park City, Wahso ( for my wife and I's 10th anniversary dinner), and the Sky Bar! What a day.

The next day we went to Sudance for the wine festival. It looked like they had some good riding their too but not as good as Deer Valley. Can't wait to go back!

Members who have read this thread: 0