riding info for a roadtrip- Mtbr.com
    lidless ascender

riding info for a roadtrip

Hi!
    Damjana and I liked our 2008 roadtrip through W USA so much we decided to do a repeat this year.
    This time we're taking a different route though.The plan is to go from San Francisco through lake Tahoe (again, but it's got lots of trails and is on the way), more or less straight through Nevada on I-80, go through north Utah past Salt Lake City and check out the Wasatch mountains while we're there and then go more or less straight to Yellowstone NP, probably through Wyoming.The plan from there on is to cross Idaho (maybe do a short stop in Montana if there's good stuff to ride somewhere near the border) east to west, continue through Oregon and then head south towards San Francisco and go to Lassen NP on the way there.
    So, my question on this forum is obviously about riding in the Utah part of the trip, especially Wasatch mountains.If there's really good riding anywhere along I-80, we'd like to know about it, too
    As far as our preferences go, we like rolling singletrack and technical stuff, too.Elevation is not a problem, as isn't an elevation gain in the range of 3000-5000 ft.

thanks
    Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

Your Best Friend
    You have to do the Wasatch Crest ride. It is popular and not traffic free but it is a "must ride" in our area. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to be your guide.

lidless ascender
    Silentfoe, thanks for the offer, it'll be great to have a local show us the trails.

As for the other options in the area, does anyone have any info on Park City riding maybe?

Marko
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Pictography

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hey Marko:
    Nice route.... but when? Our season is closing quickly.

Park City has some fine riding.
    Until you can pick-up a map check out this site. www.mountaintrails.org ,go to the map search and enter in "Park City" for an overview.

North of Salt Lake city, near the city of Ogden you may like Southern Skyline Tr.(loop) or Northern Skyline Tr. (O&B).

After Yellowstone Head for Bozeman Mt.
    After Bozeman head for Stanley Id.

Happy trails you two.

lidless ascender
    The plane is tomorrow morning
    We realize this time of year can serve us with all kinds of weather since we're heading up north, but we are optimistic.But I'm sure we'll have a great time whatever the weather is.

Marko

Pictography

Members who have read this thread: 0