Riding around SLC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Riding around SLC

Anybody ridden around SLC lately? Wondering what BST from citycreek to zoo is like right now and wondering about BST in Draper?
    Thanks.

mtbr member

last night

Given i ride at night in winter so the mud is frozen,

Zoo to drycreek was perfect last night.I'm sure it would have been good to bobsled too,as the dirt was frozen.

I don't know how it is during the day right now,if it's muddy or not.Might be good.Every weekend it rains but gets dried out by the next weekend! Damn! Guess i'll stick to weeknights.

I realise not many have lights and like to ride in the cold but i've had 10 plus rides in dec-jan so far in great conditions.It gets just below freezing but not too rediculously cold.Gotta dress just right so the sweat doesn't build up too much so good venting is key,windproof front jacket and mid thickness pants and i'm fine.

Krispy 1/5/06

DOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Given i ride at night in winter so the mud is frozen,

Zoo to drycreek was perfect last night.I'm sure it would have been good to bobsled too,as the dirt was frozen.

I don't know how it is during the day right now,if it's muddy or not.Might be good.Every weekend it rains but gets dried out by the next weekend! Damn! Guess i'll stick to weeknights.

I realise not many have lights and like to ride in the cold but i've had 10 plus rides in dec-jan so far in great conditions.It gets just below freezing but not too rediculously cold.Gotta dress just right so the sweat doesn't build up too much so good venting is key,windproof front jacket and mid thickness pants and i'm fine.

Krispy 1/5/06
    You're an animal. What time do you normally start/finish riding?

Still pedaling the ASX around for fun and exercise? That would explain why I haven't bumped into you at the gym lately. As I know too well, 36lb "trail" bikes make for a great workout.

mtbr member
    I haven't been to the gym for 3 weeks now because i crashed my moto at the track and cracked a few ribs. I cant lift,run,nuthin.I am just now able to XC if i don't pull on the bars too hard or get breathin too hard.

I usually go at 9:00 pm til 11:00pm or so.

I've been ridin my yeti 575 (30lbs) for trails lately.Still have the ASX, it's around 36lbs depending on tires.I take it on jump runs at I street,DH and rides with short climbs and rough descents.

Tomorrow (sat 7th) it will be 50 degrees,i bet BST will be try enough for a ride!!! Better get it while we can.Storm comin for sunday.

Krispy

DOH!
    Very nice; a true winter night owl! Shouldn't be too much traffic at that time...

Very sorry to hear about your moto accident. Heal up. I'm currently trying to coax my old bones into mending a partially torn rotator cuff in one shoulder and tendonitis in both, so I sympathize.

Cheers.

Members who have read this thread: 0