Rideable Trails in SLC Valley?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Rideable Trails in SLC Valley?

I finally got all the winter upgrades on my bike, and wanting to test it out on some real dirt before heading to Hurricane the following weekend. I've ridden some ice/frozen dirt trails in Round Valley the past couple early mornings, but would love something with traction but without mud. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Based on Strava, it looks like sections of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail near the University of Utah are ride able, including the Bobsled Trail. Also, the lower parts of Corner Canyon, near Draper, are ride able. Another possibility might be the Little Cottonwood Canyon Trail (I'm not sure what the official name is). It starts near the mouth of the canyon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quarry Trail (the LCC trail you are thinking of) still has a lot of snow, beginning at the 1st bridge. Another week at least. Right now too much snow and ice for a non-fat bike.

mtbr member
    Heading down there in a few days to take the boy to tour Westminster and UofUtah. Thinking about throwing a bike in, though rain is predicted. Any update to the trails local to SLC?? The stuff near University of Utah looks convenient. Probably staying at Little America. But, if its going to snow, might just go up to Snow Basin on Saturday. (to ski, not ride).

I didn't do it
    Definitely watch the weather, its looking like rain. If it stays dry everything in the valley is good to go. Corner canyon is worth a spin. BST above the U would be good but less variety.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode Quarry almost to the top this evening. The last 200m are impossible, snow is still too deep.

It's clear sailing to the 2nd bridge, then there's a good bit of walking. Another week it will be a lot better.

The problem with the trails behind the U is they are a disaster when they get wet at all. This weekend they'll be unrideable, which is ok because the skiing should be pretty good (up high).

mtbr member
    Yeah, I figure Snow Basin is a better bet. And our Sun Valley passes work there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've ridden the past two weekends on Antelope Island. That's not quite in SLC but it's close. Snow is gone and trails were dry. Saw a few runners and mtn bikers and even a few people on horseback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk