Resource for Solo Rider looking for Group to Join- Oct- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Resource for Solo Rider looking for Group to Join- Oct

I made it out to Moab about a year ago but had to head home a day early and missed out on some rides I was looking forward to. I have a chance to get out there this upcoming Oct (first weekend) and wanted to hook up with some other riders (either fellow solo riders or a group). I could always pay a guide, but that adds up pretty quickly and certain trails it seemed alittle silly- Slickrock is swarming with people. I just want to be responsible and not count on others (strangers) if I take a tumble, etc...

Obviously this board is a great place to reach out and it seems like Chili Pepper tries to hook solo riders up, and there is always the parking lot approach but I am wondering if there is a community bulletin board in town that might help me out as well...

I am still trying to recruit some riders to come with me but so far I have been striking out- but I want to book flight and hotel so I don't miss out.

Thanks All!
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

Gravity Tester
    Hey, A buddy and myself will be arriving in Moab late Saturday Oct.3 for a Moab / St. George trip. It's his first time there and my 5th. We'll be riding Slickrock, Sovereign, Amassa Back, Bartlett Wash and Porcupine Rim, then heading down to St George on Wednesday with a stop in Brian Head and shuttle Dark Hollow and Bunker Creek. In St George, we'll hit Gooseberry, Bearclaw Poppy, Little Creek and JEM (at least).

If you're interested in hooking up for parts or all of that, PM me and we'll figure out the logistics.

mtbr member
    I may be talked into heading down that weekend. Hopefully I'll be there the next week for the 24 hours, but I wouldn't mind a little warmup trip before then.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey all- sorry I have been swamped with work- I will try to get the wife's approval this weekend and firm up my plans. Thanks for posting and I'll be in touch soon.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

Members who have read this thread: 0