Rent a bike in SLC on Sunday?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Rent a bike in SLC on Sunday?

Going to SLC on business, will have some time on a Sunday to kill. Last time I went to Park City and rented an MTB, but won't have that much time this trip. So I thought I'd rent a road bike and check out some of the paved trails around SLC (i.e. Legacy Parkway). Trouble is, everything Google turned up for bike rental in SLC is closed on Sundays.

So, anybody know of a place to rent a road bike in SLC on Sunday?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    A bit to the south of SLC, but these guys are open on Sunday and have road bike rentals: Cottonwood Cyclery

Driven by it a bunch but never gone in, so can't comment on the store other than the above.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just a thought. Can you get to a shop on Saturday evening? The best time to road ride is fist thing Sunday morning....so...better to have the bike already then be driving to a store and waiting to get a bike. Most places will usually only charge you the 1 day rental even if you pick up the night before.

Cottonwood Cyclery is good people. ( not sure about bike selection )

If you really want a bike path, Legacy isn't my first choice ... try the murdock canal trail in Utah County instead. ( Legacy tends to be busy and is narrow ... ok for real soft pedaling, but not really riding - you can't put your head down and pedal w/out fear of running over moms/kids/dogs/etc ) Suppose it depends on what you're in for.

Not sure how to suggest good road routes. Ride up Emigration or one of the other canyons. Ride over Suncrest. Maybe a loop using Wasatch Blvd and the Tanner park area...

good luck

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately renting a bike on Saturday isn't an option.

Thanks for the route suggestions. Legacy looked interesting because it ran up against the nature preserve. I will check out Cottonwood Cyclery and the Murdock Canal Trail and the other routes.

dcb
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Cottonwood Cyclery is a good shop and I'm sure they'll treat you right. You can also try the Spinlister app and see what kind of bikes are for rent privately.

Your Best Friend
    I rent and deliver. PM me.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Sunday morning in SLC? Pick any road at all and go. Place is a ghost town. Traffic picks up at 9:00 a.m. and a little at 11:00 when church starts. Sunday mornings are the absolute best time to ride.

MUT's get lots of goat head thorns.