Red Bull Rampage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Red Bull Rampage

Anyone go to this event...we were thinking about heading down to check it out and hit up some trails while were down there

Looks like you have to send a text to reserve a viewing spot? We sent a text but they responded by saying their viewing area is full which seemed kinda strange since its in the middle of a desert.

wondering if we can still go and view from a different area besides the one Red Bull has set up?

thanks

NOT Team Sanchez
    I'm in the same boat......the hill used for '08 and also this year faces towards the point of Gooseberry Mesa, and as such it's impossible to see what's going on unless you're at the venue, or you've got some incredible binoculars. I think it's lame about limiting people in the desert too, good rides in the area would be Grafton Mesa, Gooseberry, JEM, and Littlecreek.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Does that mean you can't go at all if you don't have tickets? Last time there were the areas which I thought were restricted to media, etc. Is that what you're getting tickets for? There were the areas we were at that sucked, but you could still see a lot of it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    As far as I know, they are "possibly" going to have more tix available but are telling everyone they are @ max capacity. I too cannot figure out how they are going to control this as it is just random desert. The venue and access involve both state and private land as I understand it. So unless they plan on dragging a bunch of security thugs down from B.C. who will miss the event while patrolling the surrounding desert, it seems like a delusional proposition. I've been talking with lots of folks that don't pedal who live and work in Springdale but have attended every event held here and not a one of them has even heard about this ticketing process. Really the only way I even heard about it is I work in the bikeshop and read internet forums. It should be really interesting to see how well received this event becomes if all the people who have to clean up after these guys pissing off hotel balconies and such can't even go spectate. By "these guys", I'm talking both athletes and spectators alike and there is a litany of other stories from when the circus comes to town.
    I personally appreciate the change of pace the chaos brings to my sleepy town and who knows maybe the 2010 redbull will bring the normal dose chaos with a little side of anarchy. Regardless it should be fun watch both on and off the venue. I would come ride zion that weekend even if only to do so with all us circus clowns.

******ed or Branded??
    Heading up to the Rampage. So Interested for some insight about where to do some shuttles or lift access riding in the near by locations. There will be three of us traveling in a pickup toyo. So will have room for anyone wanting to be a tour guide host to the area!!!
    We decided on just bringing the big bikes so not really interested in pedaling trails.
    Hopefully we can get some sweet DH riding while we are out there.

In return when you come to AZ we will definitly show you our goods in payment for yours!!
    .Hoog just texted me and said it's "Surface area to G2 tangential force vector ratio optimization. "

mtbr member

Big Bike Riding

I've ridden Gooseberry Mesa and Little Creek with a VP Free. The "extreme" travel made crawling on the rocks a blast. If you don't check those out while you are in the area, you'll be missing out on some of the most interesting rides in the Southwest. Not too fun if you've got a downhill only bike, but the weight isn't an issue on the relatively flat top of a mesa. The first 1/2 mile into the Gooseberry Mesa trail will convince you to check it all out!

Anybody know of any other events going on that weekend? I'll be looking for a group ride as I don't want to fall off a cliff with no-one to hear my scream. (Been there, almost did that.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Bull Rampage-p4160503_small.jpg  

Really I am that slow
    i'm sure we well be having a few things happing around that weekend at the shop

also this thurs night...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1637011917&ref=hpbday&pub=238651283 7#!/event.php?eid=144912505545653&ref=ts
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    cool thanks for the info...

was wondering if there is a specific gate you have to enter to get to the event? can we just stroll up and find our own spot to view from? looks like they are recommending that you ride your bike to the event since its a couple miles back?

last time I rode out there we did Little creek mesa and Gooseberry mesa, looking to do those again and possibly Bearclaw poppy... are there any good DH trails to shuttle in the area?

thanks

Really I am that slow
    yeah there well be bike parking... i think there is a viewing aera.... you need to txt a number to get tickets ect....

Grafton Mesa is good bit of a techy downhill
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I live here, I'm riding the f#ck over and going in... I don't need no stinking ticket!... or not
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Members who have read this thread: 0