Recommended Moab Trails we can't miss- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Recommended Moab Trails we can't miss

Im looking to hit some mt. biking trails in the Moab area and therefore looking for some suggestions. We prefer to ride all-mountain trails (Foes FXR-me buddy Ellsworth ID) and consider ourselves very solid technical riders but not large jumps and such. Mud water is not considered obstacles either. Wed like something challenging and something that is able to be accomplished in one day as we plan on moving to different locations and ride mixed w/ sight seeing. So probably something in the 15-25 miles range tops. As usual we want to ride as many trails but keep the wives happy. So Im thinking of spending more time in Moab and then on another trip hit Bryce and Zion area as we only have a week or so.

Trails that we have in mind so far

Porcupine
    Slickrock

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Definitely Porcupine for the kind of riding you'll be doing. Maybe Gemini Bridges, there are some easy parts to that trail but some technical as well. Maybe Poison Spider? But that might be a little too XC.

mtbr member
    I don't mind some good XC, just not on fireroads type of riding. single track is what I typically look for though I think riding on sandstone it appears it not be the type of riding I'm used to in the Sierras.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    sounds like you would enjoy soveirgn, amasa back is another great one as well

mtbr member
    I read up on soveirgn and that sounds exactly what type of trail I'm looking for. I found a video of it but I can't DL it at work.

Members who have read this thread: 0