mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Recommended Corner Canyon route

Visiting the Draper area this week and looking for recommendations on routes in Corner Canyon. Looking for a mix of moderate climbs to fun downs. Good flow trails and fun technical down hill would be great. Any recommended loops? Where to park would be ghreat as well.

Appreciate the help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Corner canyon pretty much fits the description of "moderate climbs and fun downs" to a T. Rather than listing out a full sequence of trails to try to follow, I'll just list some of the fun downs. You can jump on Trailforks and piece together the uphill and return routes and see your options for trailheads using the TF map.

There are 6 directional DH trails (in order of my preference and totally subjective to how I'm feeling on any given day):
    -Levitate (wide, machine cut jump/flow; hard blue/easy black in difficulty)
    -Rush (singletrack flow trail; blue in difficulty)
    -Vertigo (wide, machine cut jump/flow; easy blue difficulty)
    -Maple Hollow DH (more old school DH with some true gap jumps; more technical than the others; black in difficulty)
    -Achtung Baby (machine cut flow, with a more shallow gradient; blue in diff)
    -Zooropa (brand new - I haven't ridden it yet, but word is it's rough and loose right now, not really prime time compared to the rest right now; blue in diff).

Jacob's Ladder is kind of a 7th DH trail but you have to respect possible uphill hikers (more of an old school DH, a bit blown out right now, but still fun). I'd put Jacob's between Vertigo and Achtung Baby in my preference line up.

I recommend picking the DH trails you want to hit on any given ride, and then connect them with return and linking trails using Trailforks. You'll also be able to see trail head options in Trailforks that will put you in the middle of the trails you want to hit. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Really appreciate the info. Thank you!

GMM
    mtbr member
    Bringing an old thread back to life. These trails seem very interesting. I am visiting SLC for the first time this weekend, and wondered if anyone has suggestions for a nearby bike shop that would be good to rent from. I have some free time during the day on Saturday and would love to get a ride in. Mid-travel suspension would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GMM View Post
    Bringing an old thread back to life. These trails seem very interesting. I am visiting SLC for the first time this weekend, and wondered if anyone has suggestions for a nearby bike shop that would be good to rent from. I have some free time during the day on Saturday and would love to get a ride in. Mid-travel suspension would be ideal, but beggars can't be choosy.
    Salt Cycles and Go-Ride are both fairy close by and have demo fleets. Depending on what bike you are looking for you should find something comparable at one of those two shops.

GMM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsoul View Post
    Salt Cycles and Go-Ride are both fairy close by and have demo fleets. Depending on what bike you are looking for you should find something comparable at one of those two shops.
    Thanks digitalsoul. They look like two great options. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Looking forward to sampling the local soil.