Recommend a clean, cheap, bike-friendly MOAB motel...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Recommend a clean, cheap, bike-friendly MOAB motel...

Where to stay when it's cold in Moab and you can't camp?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If you're looking for a place at the last minute because the weather has turned sour, good luck. I have had to take whatever I could get. I usually make a hotel reservation first and then cancel the best weather day or two based upon a 3-5 day forecast.

I prefer the better rooms at the old Greenwell but the Red Stone is cheaper. The furniture at the Greenwell is a bit ratty, but I get a microwave and refrigerator for the same price as a room at the Ramada without them. The hot tub and pool are OK as well.

mtbr member
    The hot tub and pool are OK as well.[/QUOTE]

NEVER get in someone elses hot tub.
    The Quality Inn at the south end of town has always done me right. Fridge, micro and breakfast every morning. Do you like waffles?
    They have a indoor, locked bike storgage as well but no bikes in the room so you will have to wrench outside after Porc Rim turns your drive train into useless debris.

Jan 2006

Good job! Motel 6

Probably one of the nicest Motel 6's I've stayed in. Free breakfast, allowed both of our dogs in the room as well as our bikes. From what I remember, the front desk even had basic tools stashed away for customer use.

mtbr member

The Bowen

The Bowen on main street allows bikes in the room, is clean, cheap and within walking distance of several watering holes.

And allows dogs.

Jan 2006
    Whenever we go down jeeping we stay at the moab valley inn. www.moabvalleyinn.com It is clean and reasonably priced. Ask for the AAA rate.

I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It is quite nice but more expensive.

Members who have read this thread: 0