Rattlesnake Gulch- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Rattlesnake Gulch

has anyone been up in Millcreek canyon lately? I was thinking of going up Rattlesnake today but don't know if it is still too wet up there

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Probably wet. Try Shoreline Trail (emigration to city creek -- it was soggy in spots but not bad on Fri last week) or Corner Canyon (ride up the main road and also do the section of the shoreline trail that branches off the road -- this was great last Sat morning).

Both of these usually dry fairly quickly due to the sandy soil composition.

Happy Riding!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Rattlesnake rideable

I ended up going up Rattlesnake last night. There were only two or three semi wet spots and just a little mud. Overall it was just as dry as usual, although it looks like it is going to rain a lot this week anyway.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Great!

Did you ride the Pipeline trail East at the top of Rattlesnake? If so, was it mostly dry as well? Any snow?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Rattlesnake

I didn't go east at the top of Rattlesnake because that last little hill after the logs was all snowy and I didn't want to rip the trail up. I went west to the lookout and there was not one bit of snow out there so I imagine that the trail east is clear as well. There may be a few snowy patches in the parts of the trail that don't get direct sunlight but from what I saw I think that most of it would be completely dry.

Members who have read this thread: 0