Racing in Utah?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Racing in Utah?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Racing in Utah?

I`ve been thinking about trying out a couple of races this year and was wondering if where I can find some info on races in the state that aren`t to far from home. I found a little info on xc type on the Intermountain Cup but would also like to try Super D or something more All Mountainish if that makes any sense. I live in St George so training this winter won't be a problem for me unless I end up doing anything at altitude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Brian Head usually has a race each year for DH and this year it had a super-d. It was fun. You get to jump stuff on your XC bike. That's pretty close to St G.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    deer valley, sundance, and brian head all have super d's. When the 2008 race schedule comes out check go-ride.com. They run the utah downhill series and the super-d events are part of that series.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Cool guys, thanks I'll definately check that out. How about xc stuff, is the Intermountain cup the only game in Utah?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I know nothing about XC stuff - I'm too fat, love beer, and tend to hurt myself on an XC rig.

Bored Carp
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    too fat, love beer, and tend to hurt myself on an XC rig.
    Don't listen to Dave, he does just fine... And as I remember it, he wasn't the one that crashed in the parking lot on the last xc ride. :-)

C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddujnitsud
    Cool guys, thanks I'll definately check that out. How about xc stuff, is the Intermountain cup the only game in Utah?
    Solitude does races every tuesday night in the summer. I think Sundance also has a similar thing going too, and I have heard that soldier hollow does as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Tuesday nights could be tough but it may happen once or twice if I have a buisness trip that happens to be at the same time.

I think we all have had the infamous parking lot wipe out in front of everyone, infact I hit a parked truck in the pits of a desert moto race while looking back at a friend. That one sucked big!

mtbr member

www.intermountaincup.com

The intermountain cup series is the only game in Utah as far as XC goes. There will be a national event in Deer Valley this year probably in June with XC, Super D, DH and 4X or duel. But most of the XC compatition doesn't show up there. Try Desert Rampage in March or Lehi in May to see if your game stacks up.

Members who have read this thread: 0