Quick trip thru Park City- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Quick trip thru Park City

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a quick ride in the Park City area. I'll be traveling with family, so I can't really take off for a whole day (as much as I'd like to!). Looking at 1-2 hours, somewhat close to town so I don't burn a bunch of time driving. Riding a rigid SS, so don't try to kill me with 20 ft drops

thx

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    When? I'd take the town lift up to Mid Mountain and head to the Canyons.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie
    When? I'd take the town lift up to Mid Mountain and head to the Canyons.
    I'll be there the 4th of July. We'll probably do some family stuff in the morning, but maybe 1 or 2 pm I'll be able to sneak out when the kids nap.

Be great to have someone to ride with. I live at like 600' elevation, so I'll probably be pretty sloooowwww

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I came from 450ft so I can tell you the altitude will slow you down especially on climbs.

Do you have a trail map?

Mid Mountain is good, down Spiro is fun and smooth for your rigid.

The trails up at Park City will probably be littered with hikers and other bikers that weekend, maybe head over to the Glenwild Loop. A little lower elevation, easy to navigate and not all that strenuous as climbing up the ski lift areas.

I'll be in PC that day so if you need more info send me a PM
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i've love to load a trail into the Garmin from here:

http://maps.mountainland.org/maps/dy...tf/mtf.php?r=t

So, if anyone has a "park at such and such and head west on Mid Mountain (or whatever)" that would be helpful. I don't think I'll have time to mess around with lifts and whatnot. Can't burn too much wifekarma before we get to Tahoe

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Check out utahmountainbiking.com. I suggested the lift to save you time. All of the decent trails in UT require signifigant climbing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie
    Check out utahmountainbiking.com. I suggested the lift to save you time. All of the decent trails in UT require signifigant climbing.

cool, thanks. no offense about the lift, I guess I'm just thinking of the bunny hills around here in winter (lines, hassle, etc). I'm sure a professional place is less hassle.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    No lines or hassle for the lift but they run it at a snails pace, great scenery but when I want to ride being stuck on that chair for 30 minutes gets old. Another option would be driving up to Silver Lake Lodge at Deer Valley and riding an out and back from there. Maybe ride out Midmountain to the Empire Link junction. Ride Empire Link back towards Silver Lake (incredibly fun decent then some climbing back up) then down the road to the switchback trail that climbs back up to Midmountain. Not sure on the name, check the map for that one.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Members who have read this thread: 0