Question for SLC locals...- Mtbr.com
    ISO Gems...

Question for SLC locals...

I know that there was a similar thread regading a similar topic on the SLC area. I am thinking of moving out into the SLC area from San Diego CA, could you guys post up some pics of some rides that are in the general vicinity,preferably with some chunk. I did get a chance to ride around the Logan area in August but failed to find anything that was super chunky or challenging for climbing or descending.

SXtreem now
    plenty of awsome riding here. what type of riding do you do? summer we have Deer Valley, lift service DH course. there are endless XC trails, plenty of dirt jumps, and skate parks all over.
    oh yes, some "chunk"....
    Attached Images Attached Images

ISO Gems...
    Thanks for the pic. I guess what people consider "chunk" may vary from person to person. My riding consists of aggresive XC, with rides varying from 25-40mi in distance, and terrain resembling that of Porcupine Rim. The next question would be: Where is the ideal place to situate myself so i'm still close to town, riding to be found within 30min. by car, I'm 25 & solo so I'd like some night life... What zipcodes are good to look into if I plan on renting an apartment thats in a clean, and newer area?? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 2004

The only Zip you'll need

mtbr member
    I've got some pics from St. George posted here, only 5 hours away from salt lake.

http://home.comcast.net/~donbogardus...erry/index.htm

The wasatch has an incredible variety of singletrack, and plenty that can be used for "aggressive XC". You should take a weekend out here and check out the trails and get a flavor for what's out here.

Check out utahmountainbiking.com for a pretty damn good index of all the local trails, along with pictures of each.

Who's that guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    I did get a chance to ride around the Logan area in August but failed to find anything that was super chunky or challenging for climbing or descending.
    Ya, Logan totally sucks for riding. Only a couple of trails in the whole valley and everyone knows about them so they get trashed. Also, boooooooring.
    Just look at www.utahmountainbiking.com. Logan hardly gets mentioned. Yup...nothing but lousy trails up here.

Okay, so I may be fibbing a bit.

I would be interested to know what trails you rode when you were here.

Night life? what is this night life you speak of?
    Okay, I do admit that Logan is pretty lousy for that sort of thing.

Dave

Slow and steady gets you...7th place.

"Hey! Where is everybody going??"

mtbr member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan
    Ya, Logan totally sucks for riding. Only a couple of trails in the whole valley and everyone knows about them so they get trashed. Also, boooooooring.
    Just look at www.utahmountainbiking.com. Logan hardly gets mentioned. Yup...nothing but lousy trails up here.

Okay, so I may be fibbing a bit.

I would be interested to know what trails you rode when you were here.

Night life? what is this night life you speak of?
    Okay, I do admit that Logan is pretty lousy for that sort of thing.

Dave
    Oh yeah, Logan sucks, no need to come up here!

Aug 2004
    if you're single and want nightlife close by, you basically have two choices - slc or pc. since the two are so close, you still have a lot of the same terrain available for biking, depending on if you approach from the west or the east.

we lived in pc for a year, but moved back to slc after we found (through experience) that we were spending all our time in slc and usually only going home to sleep. it's easier for us to drive up there a few times a week as opposed to making one or two trips to slc each day.

since i work in downtown slc and i like to ski at alta and snowbird much more than the pc area resorts, we live in 84121. we're 20 mins from alta, 15 mins from downtown slc, and about 30 mins from park city. it is suburban though, and we have to drive everywhere for everything.

when i was single, i lived in 84102 and 84103, close to downtown and the university, so there's a lot of young people around. the sugarhouse area is also good for that (not sure what zip code that is.)

park city proper is 84060, the pc suburbs are 84098. you can usually find cheaper, newer places around kimball junction without spending a fortune... although if you're coming from san diego, anywhere around here will seem cheap!

Jul 2003

Good job! any good clubs in SLC?

are there any good mtb clubs in the slc/sandy/jordan area?

I'm going to be moving to south jordan next year and would really like to hook up for some group rides to learn the trails. Currently I'm riding with these guys 2-3 times per week: http://www.teamdirtywork.com/ (great group of guys/gals).

Thanks!