question about trails in the SLC area...- Mtbr.com
    Dr. Pepper drinker

New question here. question about trails in the SLC area...

Just wondering if there are any trails in the SLC area that have some moderate stunts other than Deer Valley. I moved here last winter and have found some great rides but other than some techy boulder filled rides I haven't seen much that really use a lot of technical skills.

This might seem like a strange question but it hit me the other day while riding in the upper Millcreek/Dog Lake area. It had rained recently and there were a few freshly fallen trees that had already been cut up and removed from the trail. I started thinking about the last time I actually rode over a good logpile built over a downed tree and it dawned on me that I hadn't since moving out here from the midwest (they were all over the place o the local trail system there). I know that some of the National Forrest areas that have heavy use such as Millcreek won't allow it for their own protection and to keep hikers happy, but does this apply to pretty much everything in the SLC area?

I'm not looking to become a huge ladder dropping freerider or anything but just looking for a ride with a few more challenging features left to be ridden rather than leveled out for the masses. Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions!
    Last edited by catch22; 08-30-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Oct 2003
    I've asked the same question...one guy gave me directions to one trail, but he said it's near impossible to find if you don't have someone actually show you. But if anyone tells you, pm me because I feel the same way. There's a resort in Mccall Idaho called Tamarack. It has a stunt park and a jump park. Such a fun place to ride. I think the website is www.tamarackidaho.com check it out.....they're supposed to be as big as Whistler in a few years....this was the first year they were opened.

Aug 2004

Park City Freerides

There is cool shiz up in PC. The stunts pop up on a daily basis. Just find the right tour guide. Here's a picture from the PC good times. Leave your toe clips in Salt Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oct 2003
    I don't wear toeclips.....it's from the North Shore VI dvd. I thought it was funny so I put it down. I was up in park city the other day. We were going to go to deer valley, but they were closed that day. So we went to Park City Resort instead. How close to the resorts is that trail? Any directions?

Quote Originally Posted by potatohead
    There is cool shiz up in PC. The stunts pop up on a daily basis. Just find the right tour guide. Here's a picture from the PC good times. Leave your toe clips in Salt Lake.

Aug 2004

Directions

Quote Originally Posted by Spjute
    I don't wear toeclips.....it's from the North Shore VI dvd. I thought it was funny so I put it down. I was up in park city the other day. We were going to go to deer valley, but they were closed that day. So we went to Park City Resort instead. How close to the resorts is that trail? Any directions?
    Yeah I guess that is pretty funny. I remember that part now.
    Check with the homies at White Pine Touring, I think they know what's up.

Oct 2003
    Where's White Pine Touring at? Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by potatohead
    Yeah I guess that is pretty funny. I remember that part now.
    Check with the homies at White Pine Touring, I think they know what's up.