PSA: St George Trail Closures Saturday 26th- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! PSA: St George Trail Closures Saturday 26th

The True Grit 50 race takes place tomorrow.

The following trails will be closed to non-race access from Saturday morning until approximately 5pm Saturday.

Bearclaw Poppy
    Bloomington Race Course
    Zen
    Barrel Roll (and Sidewinder)
    The RIM System (Rim Runner, Rim Reaper, Rim Rambler...etc)
    Various connecter roads between these trail systems.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

NOT Team Sanchez
    You forgot the Barrels, I had a good laugh the other day when upon approaching the steep rock garden at the top I saw a sign reading "safety zone" with a skull and crossbones beneath it
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    You forgot the Barrels, I had a good laugh the other day when upon approaching the steep rock garden at the top I saw a sign reading "safety zone" with a skull and crossbones beneath it
    You eat that sh#t for breakfast!!!

I'm at the lower end of the BCP... won't be much action. Wish I was up on Zen or Barrels.

I was chosen for my spot for my polished diplomatic skills.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NOT Team Sanchez
    Since having an NDE on that section while trying to really hang it out I've cooled down quite a bit through there; consequences are nasty if you wad it up in that spot. So are you are a marshall of some sort?
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yepper... I'm a course marshall.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Never heard of this race but looking at the web site dang that makes me tired just looking at it. How long does it take on average? It was nice of them to put zen and the barrells trail at the start of the race.

Hope there is plenty of signage and people at the trailheads as I know of a lot of people that are comming down here to ride this weekend. I just spoke with a friend of mine who had come down here with 4 of his friends to ride, they were planning on riding barrel roll/rim runner in the morning. I told them to head to hurricane for tommorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'll be stationed at the 23.50 mile point. I am sure there will be folks that are wanting to ride BCP that will peddal around the big "ROAD CLOSED" sign and "Trail Closed, Race in Progress" signs. It's going to happen. So that's where we nicely explain that there isa race going on and suggest alternative rides.

I think the uber fast time will be midway between 4 nd 5 hours.... but I am no endurance racer. I got winded just looking at the elevation profile and needed to go get a buger to recover. LOL!!!!

I bet the Zen and Barrels section will make for some interesting racing.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NOT Team Sanchez
    I bet the rain will also add to the mix, I wonder if Cimmaron won't close the BCP/Stucki portion of the course if the ground's saturated enough; she's a hardcore conservationist after all.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Wasea "I bet the rain will also add to the mix, I wonder if Cimmaron won't close the BCP/Stucki portion of the course if the ground's saturated enough; she's a hardcore conservationist after all."

Talked with my buddy from SLC who said it was a total debacle down on the BCP. The mud sucked his derailler into the spokes and snapped that sucker right off.
    He said people were carrying their bikes for miles because the wheels would no longer turn they were so caked in mud. He also reports that the trail is trashed just like it was a couple of years back.
    His quote to me was " We had no business being on that trail, they had to know what conditions were like because they had marshals out there."

Do you think Cimmeron will rally the troops to go put those trails back in order?
    Last edited by can't get right; 03-27-2011 at 07:44 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Wasea "I bet the rain will also add to the mix, I wonder if Cimmaron won't close the BCP/Stucki portion of the course if the ground's saturated enough; she's a hardcore conservationist after all."

Talked with my buddy from SLC who said it was a total debacle down on the BCP. The mud sucked his derailler into the spokes and snapped that sucker right off.
    He said people were carrying their bikes for miles because the wheels would no longer turn they were so caked in mud. He also reports that the trail is trashed just like it was a couple of years back.
    His quote to me was " We had no business being on that trail, they had to know what conditions were like because they had marshals out there."

Do you think Cimmeron will rally the troops to go put that trails back in order?
    Lower BCP from clavical hill down was not used. They did a reroute at clavicle hill.

IIRC, part of the permit process calls for restoring/repairing of any trails of damaged.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Lower BCP from clavical hill down was not used. They did a reroute at clavicle hill.

IIRC, part of the permit process calls for restoring/repairing of any trails of damaged.

Thats good to hear. Where conditions as bad as my buddy said or was he exaggerating to diminish the fact that he quit.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Conditions were OK for me until I just before Stucki Springs. That big hill that you have to go around was hell. The mud just sucked you up. Just carrying my bike up the hill seemed treacherous. You could ride a bit after the hill to the springs, but after that the 2-track was terrible. I carried my bike a good bit of the way until Rim Runner. It was pleasant because the mud made it so you were carrying about a 50lb bike. It was hard to just walk. Rim Runner seemed fine, and they closed the race once I was at Barrel Roll. From what I saw the trails will be horrendous, but I'm sure there is some damage. From someone who has never been in the mud, I can't see how people in other areas enjoy that at all.

Bill M

Gad to help

Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY

Hey Monte,
    Kathi and I just finished up with our race on the Iditarod Trail and will be back in LaVerkin April 5th. Let me know when the trail "party" is after things dry out and we will be glad to help.
    Bill M

mtbr member
    I gotta believe Stucki Springs is trashed. Glad they avoided BCP.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    I gotta believe Stucki Springs is trashed. Glad they avoided BCP.
    No worse then what atv's have done to it
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Members who have read this thread: 0