provo orem riders shout out- Mtbr.com

Nov 2004

provo orem riders shout out

I am new in the forum and to DHing but am riding 3 or 4 times a week and looking for people who want to scout out new lines, build, ride campus's or whatever.... even if you not interested shout out if your living here and what you do

I live in orem and have recently picked up Downhilling some urban riding... I am hooked... I hope to be able to ride sqaw peak and the foothills most of the winter.....my work is flexible as i do commision based sales....

lets hear it

SXtreem now
    i live in provo. we have a group that ride just about every night if its not raining. we ride the BYU campus, lower squaw peak, utah state hospital, and around town. what do you ride? if you want to ride sometime throw me a phone # and you can hook up w/ us. lata, Justin

mtbr member
    Same here. I live in Provo. I ride lots of BYU at all times of the day since it is so close. Plenty of stuff to do there. I just ran from the cops just now. Accually I think it was my room mate on duty, but o-well. Anyone go to Rampage this year?

Nov 2004

Byu

ya if its dry i would ride most nights as well.... campus is fun (BYU) and i have been building on lower sqaw peak with some buddies.. i have heard there is some good riding up by the old seven peaks golf course.... call me anytime to ride my schedule is super flexible. 208 724 7860

oh i ride a big hit.............. spec... its cool though and i am a little new...

where do you guys ride at the Y. i have mostly ridden around rape hill (lots of good stairs and gaps) and the sudent center (i dont go there so i am not sure if that is what it is called) there is a fun set by FARMS too.. anyways.. lets ride for sure.

Jared

SXtreem now
    how muddy is it where you are building at squaw? i was there last friday and it was prety good. whats going on tomorrow morning? im off and my buddy goes to work at 1, might be down for a ride in the morning......
    we might be ridding byu tonight about 8......
    Last edited by RMXtreem; 11-10-2004 at 06:50 PM.

Nov 2004

mud

Quote Originally Posted by RMXtreem
    how muddy is it where you are building at squaw? i was there last friday and it was prety good. whats going on tomorrow morning? im off and my buddy goes to work at 1, might be down for a ride in the morning......
    We were building on saturday.. it was great. very little mud on the whole mountain and none where we built.... i didnt see this till this morning or i could have arranged to ride....

shaved yeti

it's good to see.

It's good to see the BYU nightlife is still alive and kicking! Ah, the good old days. Ridden down the stairs of the tanner building? Hi-larious! Accountants are like deer in the head lights.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

building on squaw

hey guys...

either there are more people building on squaw or i talked to you on saturday. i had the green joker and we talked on the street for a while after hitting the yard jump. anyways, i am always down for a ride. i am going to start bringing my bike to skool with me in my trunk. if you guys ever go, post a message on here and we can hook up. we definitely need to go and build up the 7 peaks golf course...if it ever quits raining. lynn, if you are on here, i still have your #, so i will give you a buzz.

the dr.

Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    hey guys...

either there are more people building on squaw or i talked to you on saturday. i had the green joker and we talked on the street for a while after hitting the yard jump. anyways, i am always down for a ride. i am going to start bringing my bike to skool with me in my trunk. if you guys ever go, post a message on here and we can hook up. we definitely need to go and build up the 7 peaks golf course...if it ever quits raining. lynn, if you are on here, i still have your #, so i will give you a buzz.

the dr.
    ya i was in that group that chilled on the street for a bit. I ride the big hit spec.... I for sure want to go check out where you have been building on the golf course... I may start taking my bike to work with me so i can go straight to ride..... what days could you ride this week?

SXtreem now
    where are you guys building at 7 peaks golf course? i drove around after work today and couldnt see anything. you are talking about the OLD 7 peaks GC right, where they are building houses now?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

build today?

the weather is nice...anyone up for an hour of building or so? i am out of class at 4 pm and will head up for an hour or so if others are available. to answer your question, i just have one jump built right now; been meaning to get back up there but havent had time lately. there is tons of potential however. the part that is worth building on is up against the mountain just below the Y. i do not think that the construction will get up that high for at least a year or so. post a message back on here if anyone is interested.

senor doctor...

ride more.
    Nov 2004

building

ok...so either no one read the message or no one wanted to build today. i am up for any build time this week except for wednesday. saturday for a few hours would be ideal. lets get some kind of build day going this winter so we can have some stuff to ride next year. let me know

SXtreem now
    i can build thursday morning early b4 work, like 7-8 o-clock for a couple hours. maybe even friday and saturday morning.

mtbr member
    I'm willing to build anytime Friday or after 2:30 on Saturday. Anyone want to go? I still have questions as to how to get to the stuff at the golf course. Just give me directions and a time and I will be there. I have even questioned if that is a good place only because I got too many flats when I went through there the last few times. But I guess I can buck up a few more bucks for tubes and patches, its just the long walk home I hate.

Wyrm

ride more.
    Nov 2004

building on saturday

the weather is supposed to be terrible on saturday last i heard. however, i am game for building if the weather is nice. i guess that we can just keep checking this board to see when everyone can hook up. around 2:30 should be good with me if it works for others.

Sep 2004

Idea! provo guy

hello i live in provo south of seven peaks about a mile next to the mountain and i was woundering what you guys are bilding and if i could help build and ride i have a bobcat that I use to build jumps in my back yard for my four wheelers and if you want know what i ride 04 giant stp1 i will ckeck back to see

SXtreem now
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSMACK
    hello i live in provo south of seven peaks about a mile next to the mountain and i was woundering what you guys are bilding and if i could help build and ride i have a bobcat that I use to build jumps in my back yard for my four wheelers and if you want know what i ride 04 giant stp1 i will ckeck back to see
    a Bobcat! you are our new best friend. seems like something always gets in the way of a build when we set one up. we should to set something up and just do it....

mtbr member
    I just went out to build and the dirt was miserably hard, frozen. I tried for a little while but it was too much to work with. All the top layer of dirt was solid, but underneith it was workable. With a shovel it just didn't seem worth it. I recently just broke a hydro brake line in the cold too, so I've been thinking about reluctantly hanging it up till spring. Also I have finals and end of semester crap coming up, then I will be going back to AZ for vacation. Sorry boys about not being able to get with you, but maybe when we do it'll be a hella jam session.

Wyrm

PS I will be cleaning my bike, tuning it, and rebuilding for the rest of the winter it sound like. Any tech junkies wanna hang out just let me know.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

seven peaks

hey,
    my name is mike and i am hoping to get in on some these rides and builds. i spent awhile up at seven peaks today and built up a nice little kicker for you freeride folks. and i hid the shovel in a bush at the base of the nearest telephone pole- if anyone wants to use it. i am checking around for loose 2 by 4s to build some skinnies, teeters and trannies off the rocks up top- if anyone has a hammer and nails that might help a bit. anyways- my schedule is medium nowadays but i can always find time for a ride- just post something up. i will be riding my p2 like a pony.

SXtreem now
    i just built a teeter last saturday. its prety sweet. i usually hang out at Binghams in Provo on my days off and build in the back room. ill be there Thursday finishing the ladder on the teeter. stop by and say whats up...
    Justin

Sep 2004
    a Bobcat! you are our new best friend. seems like something always gets in the way of a build when we set one up. we should to set something up and just do it....

what have you guys built and when do you build and i will try to come by and take a look

SXtreem now
    i got up this morning and it was just to nice out to not ride. i rode around 7 peaks and found the jumps you fellas have built. not to bad. next saturday if the weather is ok im going to take a skinny and a teeter i built up there and do a little building nyself. if anyone cares to join (BIGSMACK) lets set something up......

ride more.
    Nov 2004

shovel...

was that my shovel that you found and rehid or did you bring your own shovel up there? as far as nails, hammers go, i have a few, as well as a drill. I have my first final for law school on tuesday, then one on friday, then tuesday, then friday. I will try and get up there to build between those times. Mike - did you build another kicker somewhere, and if so, where is it? and where did you hide my shovel? if it is up by the old tee box, then i am sure that i will find it. anyways, yeah, we all need to hook up and ride. I went to slc the night before thanksgiving and rode til 1 am. lots of fun. there is some fun street riding up there is anyone ever wants to go out for a night ride on a weekend or something during the winter. good luck to those who have finals coming up...we need to hook up after finals are over and ride next semester.

mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

seven peaks

drboudreaux,
    yeah, i have been up there a lot lately- i put in a nice kicker just down the walkway from your original jump. (like, between your jump and the new construction development area. you cant miss it.) and then built a tranny off the rock drop (right next to your original jump) into an unfinished kicker. i have been using a shovel that i bought and it is now hidden in the ditch by your jump. if i dont shoot myself after failing my finals- i should be up there in my spare time. until then, breakfast.

Sep 2004

Bobcat

WHEN DO YOU GUYS BUILD AND MAYBE I COULD BRING MY BOBCAT AND HELP

SXtreem now
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGSMACK
    WHEN DO YOU GUYS BUILD AND MAYBE I COULD BRING MY BOBCAT AND HELP
    if the weather is good on saturday ill be there building. keep it posted.....

ride more.
    Nov 2004

breakfast

sweet work up there man

i saw your kicker and it looked good. i also see that you prolly have plans for one lower over that little sunken in area. looks good. i also have one laid out up below the first kicker that i built. i will try to get up there and build that this week, though i will not be doing any riding because i do not want to risk jacking up my hands before finals. lets keep up the building. its is looking good.

mike

Feb 2005
    Bumpity! Ya it's an old thread but I've been bored as hell the past two weeks while recovering from my stupid broken collar bone I got while down in Virgin on the 22nd. Freakin' sucks. Seems like everyone's been riding tons lately too. Oh well. Atleast it's winter (sort of) so I'm not totally missing out on all the good stuff.

Anyway, what up? I heard squaw peak has been gettin' some work... I haven't even seen ANY of it yet. I'm hopin' to come atleast hang and film or something within a week or so. Anyway, back to resting and healing now...

-Ben-

SXtreem now
    iv been ridding w/ Nate a bit. we are ridding I st. and his new stuff at Squaw tomorrow. you still in ST. George? suck you broke your coller bone. rest that $hit so you can get back on the bike soon.

Nov 2004
    Ferg,

I street has been tons of fun and justin nate jt and milk toast have been building tons up at squaw peak..... i know a bunch of us are riding it tommorrow if anyone wants to show up.... you can always let me borrow your bike while your down and out.....

ride more.
    Nov 2004

i love the snow

thank you snow - especially after saturday...things should be very nice by the weekend.

Feb 2005
    Dammit! The news was talking like this storm was gonna DUMP. I had my fingers crossed that it would cause that would stop everyone from riding up there and then they'd have to hang out with my broke ass....

-Ferg-

Feb 2005
    Hey guys, I used to ride back in the day, but I've been out for a couple of years. I just picked up a DH bike the other day off the internet and Im lookin to get back into it. Someone shoot me an e-mail or reply and let me know when you guys are hitting the campus, or squaw peak.

Feb 2005
    Sweet! Another rider! Dude, as of right now, if the weather is nice, you can pretty much count on a few people being up at squaw peak building and riding. That place is looking pretty cool. I'm out with my broke collar bone so I'm on the comp alot so if I hear anything, I'll post it up. This seems like it could be a could be a good way to get the word out to each other for those who haven't swapped numbers yet...

-Ferg-

ride more.
    Nov 2004

riding friday?

ferg -

anyone up for some riding and building on friday...or even thursday afternoon. I want to get that berm built and the kicker to follow it. i have a few numbers, so maybe we can get the word out to everyone.

doc

Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theferg
    Sweet! Another rider! Dude, as of right now, if the weather is nice, you can pretty much count on a few people being up at squaw peak building and riding.

-Ferg-
    Where do you guys meet at Squaw Peak? I always used to start at the parking lot up top and blast down somewhere around an old graveyard? Anyhwere along there? Are you all just building with dirt, or are there any "structures" being built. I've got lumber up the ying yang so let me know what you're all trying to do.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

a sic pic - nice rmxtreem

rmxtreem hitting it
    Attached Images Attached Images

SXtreem now
    nice pic Doc. nate, scotty, and i went up on Tuesday and did a little building. we set that gap on the dinosaur like 6 feet back. its like a 10 foot gap now! im going up on Tuesday, maybe sat morning , early afternoon.

Feb 2005
    I am from Provo. I met a couple of guys at the orem skate park Sunday (2/13/05). They were building on squaw peak. i am up for buildin/riding anything anytime. I live in SLC until March. i would love to ride some trails here if anybody knows any good places. i love to ride urban as well.

SXtreem now
    Quote Originally Posted by tylercloward
    I am from Provo. I met a couple of guys at the orem skate park Sunday (2/13/05). They were building on squaw peak. i am up for buildin/riding anything anytime. I live in SLC until March. i would love to ride some trails here if anybody knows any good places. i love to ride urban as well.
    you remember anyones name?

Feb 2005

yo

dudes, we are geeks... hey i thought since all you guys are on here i might as well get in on it. ben how is the cubicle life? borg get off the couch. Mike i need your buddies email address so i can send him those photos, you know what im talking about...they turned out good... i got some good ones of you too. dude from the skatepark, i was the dude on the P2. i met you. anybody else reading this, don't come up to squaw without a shovel.........

SXtreem now
    Quote Originally Posted by jsolsen
    dudes, we are geeks... hey i thought since all you guys are on here i might as well get in on it. ben how is the cubicle life? borg get off the couch. Mike i need your buddies email address so i can send him those photos, you know what im talking about...they turned out good... i got some good ones of you too. dude from the skatepark, i was the dude on the P2. i met you. anybody else reading this, don't come up to squaw without a shovel.........
    dude, post some of those Squaw pics from that Saturday....

Feb 2005
    I went up to Squaw peak and checked out some of your guys stuff. there is some huge potential for some of it. we cleared away some of the snow and hit the hip jump. when we the snow clears and we can get more speed into it, it will be dope. we shoveled away part of the hump in the landing as well. I have a couple of ideas that could make that place rad. youi guys have made and awsome start.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

huge potential...yes there is

Quote Originally Posted by tylercloward
    I went up to Squaw peak and checked out some of your guys stuff. there is some huge potential for some of it. we cleared away some of the snow and hit the hip jump. when we the snow clears and we can get more speed into it, it will be dope. we shoveled away part of the hump in the landing as well. I have a couple of ideas that could make that place rad. youi guys have made and awsome start.

the potential up there is already being fulfilled. Have you seen that pallet gap? Thats sweet that you want to come up and help build...As soon as the snow clears, I am sure that we will have a big work party up there - we will post when it is I am sure. The hip jump is way sweet, as is the step down and the doubles that we have built down low that follow the step down. i think that following the second dj, we are going to put a nice berm to the right and then a HUGE double. hopefully it will stop snowing soon and we can all head up there and ride. There are some really good riders who have been going up there to ride...sweet.

Feb 2005

photos are up

hey i put up some photos of our squaw session, keywords: squaw peak, orem, provo, utah.. check them out and let me know what you guys think.. im over the snow for sure. tyler im glad yu guys went and checked it out. the hip is fun but it needs more work, i think we should make it taller and way lippier. all in good time

Nov 2004
    Those pics turned out great.

here is the link if you dont want to search

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.ph...cat=500&page=1

I think there is one of lynn of the dynosoar, me off of the hip, nate off of the big jump and on of justing i think... anyways check em out

tyler glad you checked out the site.

looks like i might be stuck with camera duty as i tore my ACL thursday up at the bird.

Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-sickboy
    looks like i might be stuck with camera duty as i tore my ACL thursday up at the bird.

Are you freakin' serious!?!?! That sucks so bad dude. You wanna join my crappy crippled dude club? Dang man. I feel your pain dude. That totally sucks.

-Ferg-

ride more.
    Nov 2004

acl

dude -

dont fret too much about the acl. I know that it sucks. I tore my ACL, LCL, and had about 1/3 of my meniscus removed because i trashed it playing football two years ago. I was bummed about not riding, but it got better after a few months. The first few months really suck...but after 4.5 - 5 months, its all good. I think that i started road riding at 12 weeks outside, mountain biked in moab slickrock trail at 18 weeks, rode squaw at like six months and felt pretty good. If he is on your insurance, I would recommend Hugh West in slc to do the surgery. He is great...I am very happy with my knee. Anyways, if you have any questions, PM me.

doc

shaved yeti

more acl stuff.

I would agree with the Dr. B on this subject. I had similar problems; I think my knee still isn't 100% (after 7 years), but I tried to ride and live with the ACL, MCL, meniscus detached for almost 6 months, and it never got better. If anything it got worse from all the scar tissue building up.

Really, I didn't chime in to talk about surgery.... Dr. B, check your damn PMs!

Feb 2005
    dude sickboy, you were asking for it with that gay name. u need to change it to siiiick!!boy to be more acurate. as for your acl. bummer! but now you and ben can do each other.

Feb 2005
    Are any of you guys still hitting the campus? Lemme know if you do.