provo orem riders.....2- Mtbr.com
    SXtreem now

provo orem riders.....2

im building on saturday around 11-12 if anyone wants to join. im going to bring the teeter i built last week and maybe a skinny. it is supposed to be almost 50 and sunny, should be a perfect day for building.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

no go

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but somebody has torn down everything at seven peaks as of this morning (friday). i am especially pissed as i spent all last night building the frame for a wooden drop/booter. i went up this morning to nail the rungs on and it was all torn down. i really want to hit the booter and my sister needed some pictures of it for her photography class. the materials are still there, so i am going to rebuild it late tonight and session it early tomorrow morning (like 5 or 6) before the man gives me hell. i am afraid the seven peaks idea might not work so if anyone knows another good spot- lets get to it. but for now- join me for the early morning session if you like.
    breakfast

ride more.
    Nov 2004

torn down?

did they demolish everything, including the jumpos and the run-in that you built? and how did they do it, with a shovel or does it look like it was constrcution workers? either way, that sucks. there has to be somewhere aroudn here where we can build. there is always the mouth of slate canyon, but we would have to hide that stuf pretty well because moto-xers go up there all the time. anyways, i will head up tomorrow to check it out and maybe build some with you guys. how early in the am are you going up mike? if too early, then i may head up around 12 30.

mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

tatunka

doctor,
    yeah, they tore everything down except the run-in...and i just rebuilt the wood hit tonight under the guise of darkness. she's a beauty- i figure a 5' to 10' drop with good transition. i reckon i will be there a little after sun-up tomorrow to get a good session in. i will pobably be there until someone kicks me off or tears it down. until then,
    breakfast

ride more.
    Nov 2004

i just went up there

i was just up there poking around. i saw your wood hit...looks sweet. so did they dig the jumpos out or what? i saw that the lower jumo was still good. that looks sweet. it is prolly just some a-hole hiker up there. what time are you heading up in the am? i have a review session for my final on tuesday, so i may not be able to ride, but i will head up to see it in the light if you are going to be up there.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

5 or 6 am huh

sorry, my brain is fried...just got out of a final a few mins. ago. what are your thoughts on the slate canyon area? it is fairly rocky, not that nice dirt like at the old golf course. other than that, i am having a hard time thinking of a place to build that is fairly close. we could always go up the canyon somewhere, i just do not know where to go. any ideas out there people?

SXtreem now
    6am, thats way early. i might head up there around 9 to check it out. you should still bring your wood drop, ill bring my teeter. i think i will still build tomorrow. im going to build next to your drop in by the rocks. i want to build a hit at the top of the rock drop and build up a landing. anyone up for a curz at BYU tonight?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

5=6=8:15=9

on second thought, i think that when i said 5 or 6 am, i actually meant 8:15. and when i say 8:15 i probably mean 9. but i will be up there at some point.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

i may be up fpr BYU

i may be down with a BYU ride tonight, but I do not have any brake pads in my rear brake (HAYES). I need to get some tomorrow morning. I am just sitting here in the law school studying for my final on tuesday. If you go, let me know and I will possible meet you out there. i guess that i could run over to copelands to see if they have some pads...on second thought, maybe not...copelands sucks and it is not worth the drive. anyways, let me know, i may just head out anyways. i will be checking this periodically while i study.

the doc

SXtreem now
    doc,
    have you ever ridden at the hospital at the top of Center st.? if your up for it i could show you a few hits up there tonight. let me know. what bike are you ridding?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

ellsworth

i have a joker - jr.t hayes, blah blah blah

however, like i said, i have no pads in the rear right now. I need new ones before i can ride. i will go and call copelands right now to see if they have any pads in that crappy store of theirs. breakfasts drop looks pretty sweet. by the way, i saw your pics of virgin from this last weekend (i guess). those looked nice. i have ridden out there a bunch and have some pics, but mtbr would not let me post them because they are too big. in feb, i am planning on going down there - first week of feb i have off. if you are interested, let me know. i would love to get some guys and go down there as all my old riding buddies have moved away. i will post back and let you know if i can get my hands on some pads.

SXtreem now
    id be down for a virgin trip in feb. my buddy will have his D8 by then. he also has a condo in ST. George when we go. let me know if you can hook a set of pads up....

ride more.
    Nov 2004

rmx

i think that i might try to catch up with you tomorrow. copelands had some, but i am going to wait and get some from byu tomorrow - just because they are 5 bucks cheaper and i am a piss poor law student right now. i think that i may just study it up tonight - i think that i bombed my contracts final earlier today - so i am really feeling the need to study right now. I do have a review tomorrow at 10am, and it will likely last a couple of hours. after that, i think that i may be up for a ride for a few hours. If you guys are interested, it would also be a lot of fun to go up and ride slc and the U. that is a lot more fun than riding BYU. let me know if you want to do that, and i will try to plan my day tomorrow around that. the later the better for me. around 9 or 10 would be great.

doc

ride more.
    Nov 2004

does anyone on here have aol IM or something?

that would prolly be a lot easier than this posting and replying crap if we are all online.

if so i am drboudreaux99 on aol

SXtreem now
    sounds good man. ill be up at 7 peaks off and on tomorrow. i would be down for a ride at the U for sure. let me see if i can round up the guys at the bike shop and ill let you know. ill pm you my cell #. hook me up with yours if you have one and we will try to set something up.
    Justin

SXtreem now
    breakfast), sent you a pm...

SXtreem now
    some buddys and i are going to UVSC now. call me if you fellas want to join

SXtreem now
    iv got off tomorrow(tuesday), im going to prolly be at the peak in the afternoon riding/building if anyone wants to join....

Good luck on your final Doc.....

ride more.
    Nov 2004

senor RMX

I got out of my final at noon and i went up there at about three oclock until dark. i built a kicker after the ladder drop as well. i only have one more final, which is on friday morning. on friday afternoon, i will be up there all day. also on thursday i will be up there most of the day. i am going to try and get my studying done in the morning. as for today, i will likely be in slc most of the day running some errands, etc. let me know when you wantto head up. i would really like to build a six pack or something too. maybe if we were both up there one afternoon we could get that started. if you have yet to hit your tranny, i think that it should be less steep. i thought about throwing some dirt on it yesterday, but i didnt want to mess with your baby. just my thoughts though. anyways, give me a call and let me know what you want to do. thanks for the luck too. it went well (i hope). and my final on friday isnt typing intensive, so i am riding now.

doc

SXtreem now
    i can ride/build untill 11:30 thursday. i was going to make that tranny higher and longer but i got tired of digging, like 3 hours total. you can do what you want w/ it anytime. ill check this in the morning, if not ill call you around 9ish.
    justin

ride more.
    Nov 2004

give me a call

sounds good. give me a call in the morning. I will be up studying for a while, but i would love to go up and do some digging too. i will shoot for around 930 or 1000.

doc