Potash Rd vs. Kane Creek for camping?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Potash Rd vs. Kane Creek for camping?

Hey all, We're heading that way next week and plan on camping Sat. through Wed. or so. This time we're actually borrowing a buddies pull behind pop-up trailer 'cause in previous years - 2 rides per day and sleeping on the ground meant waking up feelin' 80. Ahh, getting older...

Anyway, we've camped at Sand Flats before but are looking at the above areas this year. Can anyone tell me
    - will we have a problem getting way back in there with the trailer?
    - if we do go pretty far back will it be relatively quiet or will moto's be buzzing by all the time?

Are there any differences between the two? Anyone have other suggestions for us?

Thanks in advance...

Ride and Smile
    Potash, you are on the road so sometimes loud but easy in and out with a trailer. Not sure if the free camping is still there in Cane Creek, but has definitely been a moto spot. The pay sites are nice and some can deal with a trailer. What about Sovereign area?

mtbr member

Sovereign-WillowSprings Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl
    Potash, you are on the road so sometimes loud but easy in and out with a trailer. Not sure if the free camping is still there in Cane Creek, but has definitely been a moto spot. The pay sites are nice and some can deal with a trailer. What about Sovereign area?
    Just camped on willow Springs Rd last weekend. Several spots good for a pop-up. We had a pop-up and camped shortly after the Saltwash-Sov. Parking lot. Pluss its free.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

water?

Thanks, didn't realize there were spots out there. Is there any water in the area ie. creeks/ streams etc.? Basically anything for humans to rinse off post ride grime and dogs to cool down in? How about the shade factor?

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by teartags
    Thanks, didn't realize there were spots out there. Is there any water in the area ie. creeks/ streams etc.? Basically anything for humans to rinse off post ride grime and dogs to cool down in? How about the shade factor?
    Nothing in the way of water out on Willow Springs (unless it is raining at the time). Assorted areas with shade via trees and rocks. For moisture activities just stop along the river and rinse there. Willow Springs is free and tends to be quiet - plus you have instant access to Sovereign.

mtbr member
    There are two areas down Kane Creek that have streams and there is a water spring out there as well. Still, best bet is to pack some water in with you. Kane Creek offers more open, secluded camping than Potash. Or.... find a dirt road and drive.... you will probably run into other pop-ups out there.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member
    There is no free camping on potash any more. There are some good spots down Kane Creek road. (They were free last year)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersize
    There is no free camping on potash any more. There are some good spots down Kane Creek road. (They were free last year)
    The further out you drive on Potash or Kane Creek, you will find free stuff. Up 128... North and South on 191.... You might be 10+ miles outta town, but it would be free.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member
    Seems like Kane Creek fills up pretty quick. Especially on the weekends. At least when Ive tried to camp there.

mtbr member
    I nanser to one fo your quesitons, Cane Creek is on the mob side fo the river, Potash on the other. i find more spots in Cane Creek, but if you're willing to get out far enough (and have 4wd) there's some spots of the potash rd side. Also on the potash rd side, a mellow little hike to a cool arch (whose name i can;t remember...Jughandle Arch?). Great place to go drink a beer.

Honestly, i can;t rememeber. i don;t go to moab now since i visited fruita.

Members who have read this thread: 0