Porcupine Drops- Mtbr.com

Thread: Porcupine Drops

ride it like you stole it

Porcupine Drops

Just rode Porcupine for the first time...it rocked! Probably my most favorite trail now. I hit some good sized drops riding that because they came up too quick for me to think about them I'm just wondering if anyone knows how big those drops are. One of the toughest, I thought, was on the way down that was a mandatory hit or walk. The take off was sloped down and you really had do pull up to get through it. It seemed like a pretty high drop but that could have been attributed to the super techy section and all the rocks waiting to destroy my skin if I messed it up. I loved all the tech aspects of the trail and can't wait to ride it again. Thanks Moab!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

I'd say they're at least this big or so. On the sledgehammer, I feel the vertical for sure.

I'd rather be biking...
    Make your self a dang Quesadilla!

ride it like you stole it
    Nice. I did feel like I was getting some sweet air! LOL. Actually the main reason I was asking is due to all the flat landings. My bike took a little abuse, blew out a seals on the shock. And I just wanted to be able to judge a little better what the limits of my bike are.

Tina, you fat lard, come and get your food!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by TWilliams42
    Nice. I did feel like I was getting some sweet air! LOL. Actually the main reason I was asking is due to all the flat landings. My bike took a little abuse, blew out a seals on the shock. And I just wanted to be able to judge a little better what the limits of my bike are.

Tina, you fat lard, come and get your food!
    I would say that there are a multitude of 2-3' drops in the flow of the main trail, some with superchunk ledgy landings that feel superhero when you don't end up doing a dirtsearchtoothcollection after them. There are lots of alternate lines with 3-5' drops that you see photos of all over the place.

Yeah, Porcupine is the birthplace of flat landings.

stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008
    I don't think there is anything over 4 to 5 feet on porcupine.

Members who have read this thread: 0