Plug for the great people at Chile Pepper bike shop!- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Plug for the great people at Chile Pepper bike shop!

It's pretty rare to get exceptional service anywhere, so I like to sound the trumpet:

Just spent a week in Moab on the first leg of a 2 month bike-trip. The trails were a blast and the Kokapelli to Porcupine is now on my Top 3 trails ever.

Anyway, we received phenomenal service from the fine folks at Chile Pepper throughout the week. I had TWO separate shops in California botch the install of my Formula brakes and even lose some of the o-rings. Not only did they order the bleed kit needed for my brakes, but Ryan (the owner!) stayed a good hour and a half past closing fixing the o-ring problem and bleeding the brakes to perfection, so I'd have my bike asap for riding the next day. He also made sure I had a bike to ride that day while mine was in the shop. We later ended up renting a couple of full-squishes (brought hardtails) for Porcupine, and the entire experience was top-notch. We spent a day walking around to every shop in Moab, and the Pepper definitely has the best vibe and knows what they're doing. Even bought a t-shirt to spread the word...

mtbr member
    I agree. I have had great svc. from Chile Pepper, unlike one of the other shops in town. It's pricey, but it is Moab so bike svc. is at a premium.

Thread Terrorist
    Chile Pepper rocks. If you ever need the real service done (fork, shock, hydro-brake bleed), these guys know exactly what's up. Kudos.

I also bought a bike from them, still running like a champ!

Members who have read this thread: 0