Please help! Need destinations for 2 month MTB road-trip (going through Utah)...- Mtbr.com

Mar 2006

Please help! Need destinations for 2 month MTB road-trip (going through Utah)...

The wife and I have been saving for over a year for this trip and just recently purchased an RV to traverse a loop around all the best MTB states for 2 months. We live in Northern California, and are planning to go from here to Utah, then Colorado, to Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, and finally to BC. We're leaving May 1st, so I'm trying to dial in our route. We have some obvious places already, such as Moab, Whistler, etc. But I'm also looking for lesser known but epic trails in each state. We just trail-ride on XC hardtails so not really looking for anything northshore, just long beautiful trails. Hoping you guys can offer some suggestions in Utah...don't forget to mention the city too!

Thanks so much for any help!

Green Mojo

Moab

Sounds like a FUN trip. I just got back from Moab. If you want to stay somewhat conservative I would recommend you start with Klondike Bluffs and Sovereign Trail in Moab. Both can be ridden with hard tails in 1.5 hours or so (each). Dinner at Pasta Jay's in downtown is hard to beat (sit at an outside table and enjoy the street life of Moab). Pasta and a cold beer after two good rides is excellent!

Have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bikerneil; 04-09-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add picture

Feb 2007
    Be sure to hit the SW part of Utah...depending on the time of the year you are coming, be sure to ride Brian Head, Thunder Mountain in Panguitch and the famous rides in the St George area.

Aug 2005

Price Trails

If you're in the area, we've been building some epically fun singletrack here in Price. Here's my hand-drawn map;

http://groups.msn.com/PriceAreaSingl...y/passmap.msnw

...Definately worth a day. I or another club member would probably love to show you around, or just stop by the shop for a map & directions;

http://groups.msn.com/PriceAreaSingl...ysnewshop.msnw

Enjoy your trip!

Was that a Bobcat?
    Thunder Mountain and Goosberry Mesa..... just got back from Utah yesterday and loved these two trails!

Oct 2005
    Here is a cool place to look for really good Utah MTB info:
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/

If you decide to explore northern Utah then then you will find some great trails all along the Wasatch Front really close to the major cities. I would also urge a trip to the Park City area. PM me for specific suggestions if you like.

Have fun.

Mar 2006
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm checking out the trails and links above now. Have been so busy preparing for the trip (bills, RV tune-up, boring stuff, etc), I haven't had a chance to get back to this. Anyway, thanks again and any more suggestions are welcome!

Members who have read this thread: 0