Place to stay around Hurricane or Zion National park, Utah- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Place to stay around Hurricane or Zion National park, Utah

Planning to hit Gooseberry trail...any decent place to stay around Hurricane or close to Zion National park, Utah. My wife will be staying at the hotel while i'm riding in Gooseberry.
    A safe place to stay and very close to any restaurant.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I stayed at this place in Hurricane recently during a trip to Southern Utah.

http://www.vrbo.com/172721

It is a sweet deal for $95 a night..... Very close to Hurricane, short drive to St. George. Anyway....better than sitting in a hotel room IMO and cost is VERY close.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Side note, don't worry about the 1 week minimum stay, that can be waived, but you do end up playing a cleaning fee.....

It says that in the add, but some may see the "1 week minimum" and stop there.....

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    I usually stay at the Travelodge in Hurricane when I go to our shop down there. It's decent and $39 a night. You can ride to Goulds, Hurricane Rim, and Gem pretty easily (Gooseberry would be a ways...).
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Desert Pearl Inn in Springdale is my favorite place to stay down there. Its an awesome hotel with amazing pool. Your wife will be happy, which is key. I would stay away from Hurricane.

mtbr member
    If you're just looking for an overnight place to crash on your way through I'd stay at the Day's Inn just outside of Hurricane.

If you're looking more for a longer, vacation type accommodation look into one of the lodge type hotels in Springdale. We stayed at the Cliff Rose Lodge (I think) once and it's right across the river from Zion and has beautiful grassy, landscaped gardens with hammocks and chairs for lounging right on the river.

The Zion Park entrance and shuttle is a short walk away.

Edit: I found the link and a pic. It's a nice place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Fellow MTBrs, thanks for all the informations.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hurricane vs. Springdale

Springdale is much more expensive and MUCH more beautiful. Good restaurants and great views. Don't miss the fun Slickrock Swamp Trail just west of Springdale in Rockville. Lower elevation than Gooseberry so a little hotter. The road from Springdale sucks but it is passable by passenger car. Its climbs and curves are nasty but once it straightens the right turn to Gooseberry is right there.
    I'll be there about 9/15-18, camping on Gooseberry Mesa.
    Don't miss Weeping Rock, in Zion. Try to get a reservation to hike the Narrows.
    One trail is actually dog friendly but most hotels in Springdale are not.
    Last edited by abegold; 09-10-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    If you're just looking for an overnight place to crash on your way through I'd stay at the Day's Inn just outside of Hurricane.

If you're looking more for a longer, vacation type accommodation look into one of the lodge type hotels in Springdale. We stayed at the Cliff Rose Lodge (I think) once and it's right across the river from Zion and has beautiful grassy, landscaped gardens with hammocks and chairs for lounging right on the river.

The Zion Park entrance and shuttle is a short walk away.

Edit: I found the link and a pic. It's a nice place.
    Cliffrose is a great place to stay.

rm -fr *
    I also agree on the Desert Pearl. Unique hotel with a great pool and good service.

Az HS Cycling League

We stay...

at the Pioneer Lodge in Springdale. Always been nice and with in walking distance to everything in Springdale and a short ride to Zion. They have nice rooms and even a 1 bedroom apartment that looks over the main street. We have stayed there 4 years in a row now.

http://www.pioneerlodge.com/
    Support Arizona High School Cycling League
    www.arizonamtb.org

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I just stayed at the Cable Mountain Lodge this past weekend. It just opened up within the past couple months. The Desert Pearl is where we usually go, but it was sold out, so we did this instead. It's beautiful, with nice big rooms, and we were able to walk from our room to the Zion Visitor's Center.

http://www.cablemountainlodge.com/index.html

Members who have read this thread: 0