Pics From Little Hole (near Vernal)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Pics From Little Hole (near Vernal)

I attached a couple of pics form our ride on the Green River below Flaming George. This is a great ride. It is about 45 minutes north of Vernal and the ride is about 16 miles long.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Did you just recently go on this ride? Looks very dry. Vernal is my hometown. I'll be going back it a couple weeks for a break before I start my summer internship.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I remember doing that ride about 18 years ago, I thought it was enjoyable as well.

JMH

mtbr member
    We did the ride on the last weekend in March. Vernal is completely dry. The trail is only open to bikes in the winter...after Labor Day to April1st. Stupid rule that we should change. It is a great ride we try to do every year in March and/or the fall. We even did that ride on New Years Day a couple of years ago when we had a dry winter.

mtbr member
    Only open in Winter probably because of the fisherman traffic? Just curious, I think that is a popular place to fish, though I have never been there myself.

mtbr member
    That is the reason, but why should fishermen get priority over other users? Most of the fishermen are in boats or down on the river, not on the trail. But I'm not complaining. I'm able to ride it a couple of times a year. It is harder for people that live out of the area because they may not have access to good trail condition reports in the winter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I agree and I fish the river regularly. Most of the fishing is done by boat. There is some foot traffic near Little Hole but it's no where near as crowded as a Mueller Canyon bike ride. That looks like a fun ride. Do you shuttle it or ride the rode back from Little Hole?

mtbr member
    We have done it several ways, but my favorite way is down and back. It is 16 total miles down and back, and is one of those trails that seem completely different coming back. It feels like it is down hill both ways.

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    I was out there fishing this past weekend and couldn't believe how many people were casting from shore. Definitely be careful riding this trail if you don't want to become the catch of the day.

mtbr member
    The trail is closed to bikes until after Labor Day. I fish it as well. Most of the foot traffic/shore fishing occurs in the 1/2 to 1 mile below the dam and above little hole. There is very little traffic on most of the trail most of the time.

Members who have read this thread: 0