Passing through, want to meet up for Navajo Lake Loop?- Mtbr.com
    Think Circles!

Passing through, want to meet up for Navajo Lake Loop?

I'm going to be passing through Utah while on my way to Denver. I'm planning to ride the Navajo Lake Loop Sunday Morning the 28th. Not sure what time.
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/navaloop.htm

I'm actually going to be driving out there from San Diego the Saturday before. Sleeping somewhere in the area (still to be determined) then riding first thing and on to Denver by night.

Can anyone offer some recomendations on where to stay the night cheap?
    Maybe somewhere I can just camp for the night?

Anyone interested in meeting up for the ride? It's probably going to be an early one.

Thanks
    dave

mtbr member
    I can't join you and I'm not much for campgrounds but the one on the west end of Navajo Lake is pretty nice. I doubt hardly anyone would be there on a sunday night. Otherwise, there's tons of nearby dispersed camping, albeit could be a bit chilly at 9 to 10,000 feet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Te-ah campground is nice and you may be able to get one of the unreserved spots for the night if it's not full. I may have a small group that would be able to meet up with you. PM me if you want to and we'll see if we can hook up for a ride.

mtbr member
    I'd second Te-ah campground. Spots are larger, shadier and more dispersed than Navajo or Spruces.

Wish I could be down there.

Think Circles!
    Cool, I'll PM you as it gets a little closer.

Think Circles!
    anyone know what I can expect the weather to be like this coming weekend?

edit: I found it. Cedar city weather

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    was just down there this past weekend, it wasn't nearly as cold as we had expected and there was a little storm racing through. it is supposed to be nice this weekend, so i wouldn't worry too much about temps.

i prefer the forest east of the lake for miles and miles of dispersed camping and no people. then you can ride a section of the virgin river rim, which, imo, is a better than navajo lake loop, but both can be done. section of the rim west down to te-ah is great....

it was very quiet down there all weekend everywhere though, so wouldn't worry too much about crowds in the campgrounds.

wish i could go down again, one of the best spots around...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    DaveMW, are you still planning on hitting Navajo loop on Sunday? I have a few friends heading up Sunday with our families so the big boys will get to hit the loop and maybe a few other areas before a picnic dinner. Weather looks great too!

Think Circles!
    yep, I'm planning on crashing at the te-ah campground on Saturday night. I'll be sleeping in my car so I'm guessing I will be up pretty early to ride. about 6-7am ish

the weather does look good, I'm figuring it will be a little chilli in the morning though.

what time are you guys planning to ride?

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0