Park City, UT in July 2016- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Park City, UT in July 2016

I posted this thread in the Vacations and Destinations thread and one of the respondents suggested i post it here.

I am planning on taking my wife to Park City next Summer and would like some opinions/suggestions.

We are year-round cyclists in Tampa, FL so the temperatures won't be an issue. I MTB 3 times/week and she roadies 3 times/week.
    This trip will be a intro to MTB riding for her, but she does not appreciate the tight, wooded, rooty, twisty, trails here in FL and would rather ride flowy single track. We can both deal with steady (including difficult) climbs, in a place that has awesome views. Epic 5+ hour rides would be OK as well.
    We have been skiing in PC several times but never in the Summer.

Looking to rent high end FS bikes if that is possible for 3 or 4 days, and maybe set up a guide package if that would help us get the most out of the experience.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Frame Building Moderator
    A bunch of places in PC and SLC rent bikes, so that won't be an issue. Jan's, Cole Sport, etc . Drop Silentfoe a line, he does a ton of guiding in the area and I'm sure would love to show you guys around.

Otherwise, basically, go to skidmap.com or buy the Mountain Trails map, and go nuts. There have been tons of "best of PC" threads here, you can find lots of suggestions on specific rides with a little effort.

If your wife likes climbing, and flowy singletrack, she'll love riding in PC. Enjoy!

-Walt

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Don't need a guide. Check out Mountain trails website and parkcitymountainbike.com websites. and Utahmountainbiking.com. White Pine Touring rents bikes and also does group rides, I think a ladies ride on Tues and regular group ride on thurs. Easy trails are Round Valley, Glenwild area, UOP has a nice short easy trail, Armstrong is a nice climb, Mid mountain trail is easy and non technical and has lots of connector trails. There is also the lift served stuff if your interested in that. Coming from FL you might feel the altitude, though.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I think we will feel the altitude, but will deal with it as best we can. Looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    one of my riding buddies moved here from Tampa in July, you may know him. He was very active riding back there, and loves having some climbing now! We both live in Cottonwood Heights, but do the majority of our riding on the PC side of the Wasatch.