Park City Transportation, Lodging, Rentals, Booze- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Park City Transportation, Lodging, Rentals, Booze

So,

Lots of threads on trail recommendations. I'm looking for some of the other things (little things like "roof over my head" ).

I'm looking to fly into SLC and get over to Park City. Are there options that are better than "taxi"?

In the Park City area, if I don't rent a car, are there some lower end lodgings that I could basically ride out my door and get to, for example, the Armstrong climb ... and from there, to happiness?

Are the shops, lodging, and trails somewhat "centrally" located, or will I need to hop around to get from one to another (one in Park City).

When I was last in Utah, the alcohol policies were relatively tight. What's the word these days? With some of the microbrews coming out of Utah, I'm thinking things may have loosened up (a little bit)?

Thanks for the help with the newbie questions.

Best,
    Mark

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    responses in bold

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor76 View Post
    So,

Lots of threads on trail recommendations. I'm looking for some of the other things (little things like "roof over my head" ).

I'm looking to fly into SLC and get over to Park City. Are there options that are better than "taxi"? yes, about a dozen different transportation companies run shuttles from SLC to the door of your choice in Park City

In the Park City area, if I don't rent a car, are there some lower end lodgings that I could basically ride out my door and get to, for example, the Armstrong climb ... and from there, to happiness? anything near the base of Park City Mountain Resort has ample trail access and is also close to Jans and Cole Sport

Are the shops, lodging, and trails somewhat "centrally" located, or will I need to hop around to get from one to another (one in Park City). Everything is somewhat centrally located. Once you have your bike, you can get anywhere in town very easily.

When I was last in Utah, the alcohol policies were relatively tight. What's the word these days? With some of the microbrews coming out of Utah, I'm thinking things may have loosened up (a little bit)? Without getting into specific laws, what you need to know is: everything you buy in the grocery store and on tap in bars/restaurants is 4% abv. Anything over 4% abv in a bar/restaurant comes from a bottle. To buy anything over 4% abv for home consumption, you need to go to the state store, either at snow creek across from The Market at Park City, or on swede alley, the store at snow creek is the recommended location for best selection.

Thanks for the help with the newbie questions.

Best,
    Mark