Park City trail conditions..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2015

Park City trail conditions..

Anything rideable yet-round valley or glenwild?

mtbr member
    From Mountain trails (I've ridden some of this and as of yesterday it's accurate. Just walk the few wet areas).

"The MTF crew has been doing a little recon out on the lower elevation trails and we're melting and drying out pretty darn fast considering the big snow year. Here's what we do know:

> Many of the south-facing and exposed trails in Round Valley are MOSTLY good to go. This includes Somewhere Elks, Matt's ST, PorcUclimb & Downward Dog. Rambler climbing west out of the valley proper and dropping down to Old Ranch Rd, Rademan Ridge, Happy Gilmor and Tin Man are all G2G.

> The north-facing and protected trails are still holding snow, mud and flowing runoff. PLEASE avoid these areas. This includes RAMBLER both east and west of the Rusty Shover intersection, Rusty Shovel, Nowhere Elks, Backslide, Ramble On, and the Hwy 40 side trails- Rambler, Kari's, High-Side, etc. Pulp Friction is also a big NO GO.

> Lost Prospector from Masonic heading east to Skid Row is also NOT G2G. The same goes for Freemason and Skid Row. PLEASE stay off of these trails. We'll update you on the Gambel Oak/Solamere Connector later today.

Check out the interactive map on our website for a visual on current trail conditions. Just click on "Conditions".
    map.mountaintrails.org"

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Thanks

Frame Building Moderator Moderator
    The smallest/front side Glenwild loops are mostly good (though it's pouring rain as I type this, so probably not anymore). I'm talking Stealth/Blackhawk - all the south facing areas from the Spring Creek TH.

Bob's Basin is still a mess. Likewise 24-7 and Moose Hollow area. Everything on the south side of I-80 still has snow (UOP/Collins/Robs/Arcylon/etc).

-Walt

mtbr member
    Well, it's raining pretty hard right now, so back to the drawing board!
    And, apparently, at Walt's house also.

mtbr member
    Good warm up coming later this week might lead to more being rideable over the weekend. Any word on WOW, Dutch Hollow, Riverview or High Star?
    2019 SB150
    2019 SB130
    2019 SB100
    2018 FollowingV2
    2017 SB5
    2016 SB55
    2016 SB45
    2015 SB6
    2016 Farley

mtbr member
    per msu alumís post, mountain trails has solid trail updates; see http://mountaintrails.org or https://www.facebook.com/mountaintrailsfoundation/
    Toward the north basin, Glenwild/etc, check basin recís info at https://basinrec.maps.arcgis.com/app...8e6bf1596f3704.
    Both groups strive to list trails that are good to go, minimizing ruts/etc.
    Storm cycles is also a great source for updates.

You can now do a very short loop at Bob's - Crazy 8's is dry enough (one small puddle) to ride and Graduate/Fink Again are GTG.

Please don't go over to the other side. 24-7, Ant Farm, Team Cutthroat, and Dropout are all a giant soggy mess.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Apexit,
    Hearing most of west facing Riverview area is gtg. I'm sure anything up top or over the ridge is pure snow and slop still.
    Also hearing that Dutch Hollow lower trails are good. None of this from personal eyes on the trails, just reports from others.
    2016 Stumpy 29er

Did it snow over in Heber? We got a couple inches here in Jeremy and it's still snowing, so trails are probably done for at least 3 or 4 days here.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Did it snow over in Heber? We got a couple inches here in Jeremy and it's still snowing, so trails are probably done for at least 3 or 4 days here.

-Walt
    We got an inch or two just East of Round Valley, but I expect it to be gone today and hopefully GTG riding by Saturday.
    2019 SB150
    2019 SB130
    2019 SB100
    2018 FollowingV2
    2017 SB5
    2016 SB55
    2016 SB45
    2015 SB6
    2016 Farley

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post

-Walt
    No snow, but it rained heavily yesterday.

mtbr member
    I just got back from riding up Rambler from Old Ranch Road into Round Valley.

Up to the first summit (Rademan Ridge), about 1.4 miles is fine and it was dry at the top. A couple of puddles and a wet area easily avoided. At the top, I ran into a couple of riders who went down Rambler and up the other side and said it, too was good, as well as Tin Man. I just turned around and headed back, so I didn't see for myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Any updates on Jeremy Ranch stuff? Specifically Bob's

Quote Originally Posted by KonradKlemmer View Post
    Any updates on Jeremy Ranch stuff? Specifically Bob's
    I'll go scout today. Crazy 8's is good to go, not sure about the 3 others. I bet they're all good but I haven't looked yet. Basin rec took down the trail-closed signs at the top of Fink Again this weekend.

-Walt

mtbr member
    24-7 access to 24-7 and Flying Dog clockwise good until the woods and then it's closed. CCW going up Preserve Connector is good until after the 3rd road crossing, then there was a light stream of water coming down the trail, at which point I turned around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by billj121 View Post
    Apexit,
    Hearing most of west facing Riverview area is gtg. I'm sure anything up top or over the ridge is pure snow and slop still.
    Also hearing that Dutch Hollow lower trails are good. None of this from personal eyes on the trails, just reports from others.
    Thanks for the intel. We just ended up riding a bunch of loops at Round Valley which is 95% open (everything minus Pulp fiction and Rusty Shovel) and Bobs area on Stealth, 24-7, etc. All good to go too except for the top of Flying dog/Preserve which are closed.
    2019 SB150
    2019 SB130
    2019 SB100
    2018 FollowingV2
    2017 SB5
    2016 SB55
    2016 SB45
    2015 SB6
    2016 Farley

mtbr member
    Basin Rec has Collins clear and dry to Rob's where it becomes one way, but this is what it looks like just above where Dubois comes in. Maybe it's good above this....I just turned around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Park City trail conditions..-jgtptf1y_vpvdemh0brlo8yp2nv-fl7cmyputofham-1152x2048.jpg  

mtbr member
    Lower Dutch is all rideable. Dont try to go around Phosphate and Wow wont be ready for awhile. Cant get all the way up it until into late June even on normal snow years. Riverview front side is all good to go but the far north end that comes down above river road is pretty chewed up by a bunch of sheep. Back side Coyote gulch not ready yet