Park City - Late June/Early July- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Park City - Late June/Early July

Hey guys. I'm planning a trip out to utah this coming june/july and I want to know what to expect in Park City. I've been to Moab the past couple of years and absolutely love the trails there but I want to try a different set of trails. I've heard PC has one of the biggest networks of singletrack around and there is some sweet riding there. What will the weather be like that time of year and any reccommendations on trails to try? Let me know if you have any info. Thanks!

Ryan H.
    XC Rider

mtbr member
    Any opinions? Anyone? Sheesh....is this thing on? :-)

Ryan H.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    This should get you started:

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/

Nov 2005

Park city

Hey

Park city has stonking riding, im come each year from Ireland for a three week gourge,

spend usually a week riding there then hit the road to colorado , idaho

youll have a blast, all accessible from town, i would recommend staying at the resort riding straight from the door.

the wasatch crest is a must do, also mid mountain.

stay fast
    mark

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb
    Hey

Park city has stonking riding, im come each year from Ireland for a three week gourge,

spend usually a week riding there then hit the road to colorado , idaho

youll have a blast, all accessible from town, i would recommend staying at the resort riding straight from the door.

the wasatch crest is a must do, also mid mountain.

stay fast
    mark
    That's awesome. I want to know if there's a week's worth of riding and if it will satisfy my XC hunger. I'll be out in CO/UT for a week or better so I'm debating where to go. I hate looking at all the guides cause it doesn't really give you a feel for the trails. I want to know from people that have been there if it's really awesome and worth the trip. If nothing else I'll go back to Moab and ride the trails that I haven't been on yet. What will the weather be like in early July? I bet Moab will be a bit on the hot side.

Ryan H.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XC62701
    That's awesome. I want to know if there's a week's worth of riding and if it will satisfy my XC hunger.
    It's terrific riding. You could stay busy for a week but you may find a desire to try some other stuff after 3 days.

I recommend Midmountain trail, Wasatch Crest, Town Loop, John's, Sweeney's Switchbacks, Spiro, etc on the Park City City Resort side of town. You can pic and choose or tie most of these into one big loop. On the Deer Valley side of town you have Tour de Suds, Solumere, Gambel Oak, Spin Cycle, etc. Again, you can pic and choose or tie most together for a big loop. Across the Interstate near Jeremy Ranch you have Glenwild, East Canyon/Mormon trail and if you pop over the top off the Wasatch Crest you have some great options on the Salt Lake City side of the mountains like Mill Creek Pipeline, Mill D North Fork, Dog Lake, Desolation lake etc. (Mind the odd/even restrictions there.)

As someone else said, www.utahmountainbiking.com is a great resource

Quote Originally Posted by XC62701
    What will the weather be like in early July?
    Ryan H.
    Weather should be perfect. It's possible there'll still be some drifts up on the Crest that time of year but most everything will be open by then. Enjoy.

Nov 2005
    Hey

Park city's excellent as all the riding is straight from the door a car is not really required. As i mentioned before i come from ireland each year usually spend a week there before moving on. Plenty of riding for a week all of excellent quality total buffed out alpine singletrack. Ive done much of the riding there mentioned in a previous post and come back for more.

I would recommend staying up at the resort $90 a night for a condo awesome deal.

Im more xc myself and its stonking for that. I would certainly recommend it over most places in colorado as they tend to involve more moving around to score the rides. Sun Valley's worth a pop awesome riding there.

PS the beer also good in park city for the post ride analysis

Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0