Park City in July- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Park City in July

Hey Everyone- I'm down here in So.Cal and our family plans on going up in July to Park City for the LeMans race a Miller raceway and mountain biking in Park City. My son (10 yrs.) and myself plan on doing some shuttle runs in Park City- chairlift stuff. I need some info for summertime riding and chairlift rates in Park City. Looking for xc downhill stuff- mellow. I'm a Cat. 1 racer and I want my son to have a easy/fun experience.
    Thanks for all the info you can give!

Waiting for Godot
    most resort riding might be beyond your sons level unless he is very advanced for his age.

the xc trails in park city can get steep as well. not many 10 year olds going up there.

type in deer valley resort and mountain biking in google. you will see what i mean
    Out riding, leave a message

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You should be fine. If your son rides the lift at Deer Valley, he can get back down to the bottom on fairly easy flowy single track "homeward bound" via the back side (see the map below). You'll love park city, the trails are some of the best in the country..Amazing Wake up early and do the mid mtn loop and then relax and ride the lifts with your son

http://www.utah.com/ski/summer/deer-valley-bike-map.pdf
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by OilcanRacer
    most resort riding might be beyond your sons level unless he is very advanced for his age.

the xc trails in park city can get steep as well. not many 10 year olds going up there.

type in deer valley resort and mountain biking in google. you will see what i mean
    Deer Valley has plenty of beginner trails that are challenging yet very doable for young kids. In addition they have a couple of decent instructors if you can afford that route. That way you can enjoy the trails while others spend the time teaching your kid proper technique, etc... I would invest in some knee/shin and elbow pads and let him go to town.
    A good portion of those beginner trails are relatively flat with just enough down to not have each lift ride turn into something epic and tiring.

Also, if you type in OilcanRacer and Fred in Google. You will see why you should not trust his judgement.

Here's the awards ceremony for OR after cleaning one of the steeper, technical sections of Spiro.

Members who have read this thread: 0